Thread: Anne Mcathry- The dragon riders of Pern

Anne Mcathry- The dragon riders of Pern

Does anyone read this series? I recomend it to anyone who loves animals. The relationship between the Dragons and there riders is amazing, I know it's only a story but I still find it amazing. They are wonderful books, I've read 4 already and am on my fifth. I definitly think anyone who likes books about Love and action or even animals should get these books, she has quickly become my fav author. I've laughed with these books, cried with these books and couldn't put them down as I waited to see if they could concor the red star. They are amazing books, I havn't put down the one I've reading right now since last Friday, they are such good books!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Anne McCaffrey.

She is my FAVORITE author and I'll get to meet her at the end of the month!!!

She'll be at Dragon Con this year!!! *is majorly excited*

I first started reading her books when I was in 6th Grade. And ever since I've been a dragon fanatic. (I collect dragons)

My fave book thus far..hmmm... All the Weyrs of Pern

I met her son Todd last year at DragonCon. He's going to continue the series. I'm looking forward to reading his works.

btw... my username 'ramanth' is my personal Pern dragon.

Nice to see new fans.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I love her Pern series. Even the Crystal Singer series is good. There is another series of books you would like if you like the Pern books. They are along the same line in that there are animals they mentally bond with and then have grand adventures..but they are cat like creatures named Ghatti's. They are by an auther named Gayle Greeno.

Originally posted by ramanth
    Anne McCaffrey.

She is my FAVORITE author and I'll get to meet her at the end of the month!!!

She'll be at Dragon Con this year!!! *is majorly excited*

I first started reading her books when I was in 6th Grade. And ever since I've been a dragon fanatic. (I collect dragons)

My fave book thus far..hmmm... All the Weyrs of Pern

I met her son Todd last year at DragonCon. He's going to continue the series. I'm looking forward to reading his works.

btw... my username 'ramanth' is my personal Pern dragon.

Nice to see new fans.
    I love Ruth! He is my fav dragon

When I saw your name awile I ago I was like, No, it couldn't be, lol I'm proby just going crazy, LOL.

I'm reading All the Werys of Pern at the moment! LOL thats the book I can not put down!! I'm also readign at the moment The Skies of Pern and love it!

Thats good to hear that we'll be able to read about all there adventures for years to come! I'm so exited, LOL.

Denyce- I'll have to keep my eyes open for those books!

Ash

I wanna go to Georgia!!!! Hey, it's only 12 hours and 12 mins! I can walk, I'll start now

How un fare- I want pics! LOL

Ash

I LOVE Pern! My favorite books ... hmmm, either the Harperhall trilogy or the biography of Masterharper Robinton.

For some reason I can't quite get into the books of early Pern. (Is that Dawn Star or the like?) And cry my eyes out reading the Moreta/Nerilka duo. Sigh.

Anyway, enjoy!

I will now try not to be jealous of you going to Dragon Con. Oh, the challenges of Pet Talk.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I javn't read about Moreta/Nerilka duo is that whats the book is called?

My fav. would be The White Dragon, I'm just in LOVE with Ruth

Ash

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
    I javn't read about Moreta/Nerilka duo is that whats the book is called?

My fav. would be The White Dragon, I'm just in LOVE with Ruth
    It's two books. "Moreta" tells the story of a dragonrider, Moreta, who dies to save Pern. "Nerilka" is the same story but through the eyes of a healer who loves the Holder who loves Moreta. It's set ~ 600 (?) years before the time of the Dragonquest/ Dragonflight/ White Dragon series happens: the song that gives Lessa her clue so she can save Pern is called the 'Lament of Moreta' or 'Moreta's Ride' or something like that... I love the subtle tie between the two sets of books and how the facts in the legend have been tweaked over time...

White Dragon is good: my favorite character is Jaxom, Ruth's rider, though. Hopelessly human-centric of me.

Are runner-beasts horses or camels? Every time I convince myself they're horses, I start second guessing myself again.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Originally posted by AmberLee
    Are runner-beasts horses or camels? Every time I convince myself they're horses, I start second guessing myself again.
    They are descendent of the horse.

A great book is 'The Dragon Lovers Guide to Pern' . It has gorgeous illustrations, recipes, charts, ect. And there are two editions. The second edition has an added chapter to reflect the events in 'All the Weyrs of Pern'.

(If you click on the image of the book at the Amazon link, you can see 36 pages of 'the Guide'. )

Here is Anne McCaffrey's official site.

http://www.annemccaffrey.org/

Enjoy!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Thanx for all the info!

I also wasn't sure if they were horses or not.

Amberlee- I'm going to get those books ASAP, they sound really good

Ash