Thread: what a dope!

what a dope!

Tennis father accused of drugging son's rivals

The father of two young rising French tennis stars has been arrested and accused of drugging the drinks of his son's rivals.

Former soldier Christophe Fauviau, 43, was held following the car crash death of one of his son's opponents.

Schoolteacher Alexandre Lagadere, 25, apparently fell asleep at the wheel of his car just hours after he had lost to 15-year-old Maxime Fauviau in a regional tournament.

Tests found traces of the anti depressant Temesta in Lagadere's body. He had not been prescribed the medication.

Lagadere had abandoned his match against Maxime saying he was too tired too continue.

A few days earlier, another of Maxime's opponents had told police that he had seen Christophe Fauviau put something in his water bottle before the match.

Without saying a word to the father, the young man played and lost to Maxime in a tournament semi-final, then took the bottle to the police.

Tests revealed that the water contained Temesta, a tranquilliser used to combat anxiety and which causes fatigue and drowsiness.

The newspaper Le Parisien says that Fauviau has admitted drugging his son's opponents. He has been charged with "administering toxic substances and negligent homicide".

Fauviau was arrested in Drax, south-western France, when he returned from a tournament in Egypt where his daughter Valentine, 13, had played. Valentine is the top French player in her age group and detectives are questioning opponents of both Fauviau children.

--------------------------

jeez
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Where can I get some of that stuff.....would like to dump it in the water cooler.....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I read that and could not believe it. What an idiot! Really teaches the sons how to make it in the world - if you can't win fair and square - CHEAT!!

reminds me of the mother-I think it was in Texas who killed a few girls so her daughter could be a cheerleader!Whoa, bit warped!!
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

It reminds me of that one movie...what is it called..drop dead georgous??

I had heard that on the news too and was disgusted as well. It reminds me of the old Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan situation with a slight twist. Aside from the fact that it is blatantly a horrible thing to do, where would be the "glory" in the winning if deep down in one's heart they know it wasn't earned. Honestly, sometimes people amaze me with their ruthlessness and stupidity.

Kookoo alert!

What a spaz bucket!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.