Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dogs in the car(don't worry, its not bad)

All u have to do is shake some keys & Max knows hes going for a car ride or truck ride. Max goes insane, he cryes, barks, & the second u open the front door to let him out, he takes off & does a little dance in front of the drivers door. Some times he needs help getting into the truck (its a big high truck). & when hes driving with just dad, Max sits in the front seat with dad. But when someone else is there all u have to say is "Max get in the back", & Max will hop into the back seat. Max will leave snot all over the back windows, its a messy passenger. hehehe

& he gets to go for a car ride atleast twice a week. Dad takes Max when he has to go pick up milk & butter, rent a video, pay bills, banking & sometimes they just drive around town for no reason.

We have driven Max to PEI (either 2000km or 3000km, don't remember) twice, in a full truck. Max mostly stayed on the floor cause there was more room on the floor to laydown & sleep. & when he wanted to look outside & got up & sat on one of the seats.

All u have to do is shake some keys & Max knows hes going for a car ride or truck ride. Max goes insane, he cryes, barks, & the second u open the front door to let him out, he takes off & does a little dance in front of the drivers door. Some times he needs help getting into the truck (its a big high truck). & when hes driving with just dad, Max sits in the front seat with dad. But when someone else is there all u have to say is "Max get in the back", & Max will hop into the back seat. Max will leave snot all over the back windows, its a messy passenger. hehehe

& he gets to go for a car ride atleast twice a week. Dad takes Max when he has to go pick up milk & butter, rent a video, pay bills, banking & sometimes they just drive around town for no reason.

We have driven Max to PEI (either 2000km or 3000km, don't remember) twice, in a full truck. Max mostly stayed on the floor cause there was more room on the floor to laydown & sleep. & when he wanted to look outside & got up & sat on one of the seats.

Max in the back seat of the truck. about 5yrs old & just leaving PEI to go back home (Ontario).

Very cute pictures, everybody!!!

I love taking Malone with us, and he loves to go places with us. However, he also likes to chew up the car (evidenced by all the seatbelts that are half chewed through ) so we take him everywhere we can that we will be with him the whole time. Also, in the summertime heat we are careful not to take him in the heat of the day.

These are the only pictures we have of Malone in the car, and they are from last year:

Oh Cookiebaker I LOVE that picture of Malone!! In fact all of these are just sooooo cute! Here are Bella and Ripley in the car. Unfortunately you will note the precautionary measure of a towel on the seat. Both of mine have a tendency to become car sick if they ride for longer than an hour or so.

Oh thank you, Pam! The feeling is mutual about your pups, too!! In fact, I was just noticing Ripley, and I remarked to my hubby what a DIFFERENCE a few months have made!! He looks like a completely different dog than when you first got him. So robust and healthy now!!

Originally posted by Cookiebaker
    Oh thank you, Pam! The feeling is mutual about your pups, too!! In fact, I was just noticing Ripley, and I remarked to my hubby what a DIFFERENCE a few months have made!! He looks like a completely different dog than when you first got him. So robust and healthy now!!
    You took the words right out of my mouth! He looks like a COMPLETELY different poodle!! I remember the first pics of him, and that's not the same dog!

Great pics everyone!

My dogs love car rides! Well, Smokey only likes longer trips, he barks constantly on short ones. Reggie likes to go on ANY car ride...if he hears a key jingle, he's there barking his head off to go. He's ok in the car unless you stop, then he has to bark at everyone. Nebo is absolutely wonderful on car rides. I mean, we drove from Utah to Ohio in a mid-size car with 4 people and he just slept basically the entire time. I take him with me whenever I can. He always wears his seat belt, and usually he gets the entire back seat to himself. He's never had much interest in windows...weird....Reggie loves to stick his head out.

Here's a pic of Nebo riding in the car on our trip.

Yep!! Cisco goes absolutely everywhere!! Well, except the grocery store. In this pic. we are on the way to home depot.
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

Originally posted by Cisco's Mom

I love this pic! Everyone's pics are cute
    I really wish we had a dog, would definately make car rides more fun
    Blueberry's only been out to the vet. He's terrified of going out. So when we're bringing him to the vet, we just can't put him in the carrier. He would NOT go in. No matter how hard we push and how many treats we put in. So I just have to *try* to hold him. In the car, he would not stay still, and would just jump all over the place and trying to stand up to look outside and run around the car.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I've been thinking of posting a thread like this for sometime. Probably because we are always having people point and laugh at us with all of our dogs in the car on the way to the dog park. We have mini van and with five dogs there are usually 2 on each seat and one in my lap. I have tried to take some pictures of them before we get going but have not added them to image station. I willhave to do that soon.

Also with Amy's dogs here last week, we had 8 dogs in the car at a time. Now that was really funny to see. Dogs everywhere. But then you probably wouldn't be able to see all 8. Oreo was sitting on the floor by my feet and Jack was sitting in between teh front seats. The one day Carl and I were getting all of them out of the car and someone in the park said it looked like one of those clown tricks. More and more dogs kept coming out of the van.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
    The one day Carl and I were getting all of them out of the car and someone in the park said it looked like one of those clown tricks. More and more dogs kept coming out of the van.
    LOL! I could just see it!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Originally posted by micki76
    You took the words right out of my mouth! He looks like a COMPLETELY different poodle!! I remember the first pics of him, and that's not the same dog!

Great pics everyone!
    Thanks Cookiebaker and micki76. Yes Ripley has changed! See what a nice head of hair can do for a dog's looks! LOL! He has also put on 4-5 lbs. since I got him in January. He was a puny 10 lbs. and now tips the scale at between 14 and 15 lbs. You could literally feel ribs before but he has quite a good appetite and now has quite a cute little physique!

we ALWAYS take Jesse in the car with us, that is whenever we take our Jeep. it is a Wrangler Sport, so it is an 'open' car. she loves to ride in the car with the wind in her ears!
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

we don't have a pic of jesse in the car (any 3 of them) so as soon as i take one i'll post it.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Originally posted by pitc9
    Both of mine love going to rides, all I have to do is ask "You you want to go for a ride" and they go BUCK wild till were inside the blazer. Rick (my hubby) plays softball 3 nights a week and they go with me to almost every game!!!

You get to ask?

Usually all I have to do is pick up my keys and I have to fight 3 dogs to get to the door.

Bull loves car rides. He'll walk right out to the back driver's side door and look at me like hurry up and let me in. He climbs right up and lays in the back seat.

Katie loves rides as long as they are short ones... aka when I have to chase after her in the car cuz she ran away or to go to the B-A-N-K (yes we have to spell it out)

Duke loves truck rides but he'll settle for my car. He just curls up in the passenger seat and sleeps except in Dustin's truck in which case he has to sit on Dust's leg and help him push the clutch.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.