Thread: Calling all Cats (funny story sent by a friend)

Calling all Cats (funny story sent by a friend)

Some friends and I have been chit-chatting and have exchanged some stories about calling animals. Some were okay, but none exceptional until tonight. I couldn't resist sharing this story with you and hope that you'll enjoy it, too. No, it's not mine, but I've done things even sillier in my time!

>>Heheh...a friend of our family has a funny pet-calling story. One evening while he was at a meeting, his wife was trying to call the cat back in for the night. So every 10 or 15 minutes or so, she'd go open the door and holler, "Here, kitty kitty!" She was on her way to the door to do this again when the phone rang. She picked up the phone and, without thinking, said, "Here, kitty kitty!" As soon as she realized what she'd done, she slammed the phone down, completely embarrassed. When her husband came home from his meeting, the first thing he said to her was, "Where was that damn cat calling from, anyway?" :-)
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I had to laugh at that.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

LOL
    How embarrassing!!!

I guess the kitty sat not too far away following the whole story with a big grin on the face!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

LOL
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

That's too funny, Amberlee. I've done similar too - but more work related than kitty related. I get so used to answering the phone at work, that when it rings at home I often have to catch myself mid-sentence, stop, then say Hello?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

LOL Great story.

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

That's too funny, Amberlee. I've done similar too - but more work related than kitty related. I get so used to answering the phone at work, that when it rings at home I often have to catch myself mid-sentence, stop, then say Hello?
    I've done that even at my aunt's place

LOL

That's too funny ... all the while, kitty was probably grinning behind the bookcase at his silly Meowmie!!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I have to watch this as well. At work we have to dial 9 to get an outside line and I have caught myself doing this at home several times.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I always answer Meow M eow Meow Its the Lost Cats Hotel! It really confuses the Telemarketers! HaHa! Meow Ha Ha1 MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEow!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

LOL, that's great!

Way back in my high school days, when my best friend and I worked at the Dairy Queen, she answered her home phone one day with "Dairy Queen. May I help you?" The caller paused a moment . . . then gave her a carry-out order! Rather than embarrass everybody, my friend thanked her, hung up, and called the order in to the DQ.