Thread: Cami's dirty ears

Cami's dirty ears

Cami's ears are awfully dirty and they smell veryy bad , i have cleaned them but it always seems to be right back the next minute... Im not sure what this is.. Maybe they need to thourghly (sp) cleaned.. She keeps scratching inside of them too.. When i try to stop her she just does it again.. And then its red.. Maybe thats from the scratching? i dont know.. Help? Advice?

It sounds like she may have an ear infection. Your vet should be able to tell for sure and help her.
    Oreo and Molly

Your vet can do a thorough cleaning and prescribe a good ear wash and medication. My girl Star, like most Labs, is prone to ear infections. I was given an ear wash that I use weekly and Otomax (there are many) for when she has an active infection. It can be bacterial or fungal. Once treated and if you keep up with the cleaning, Cami shoud have the sweetest smelling, cleanest ears in town

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

If there's a bad smell and they are red, it's a good bet she has an infection! I'd take her to a vet, they can give you something to clear it up pretty fast. After the infection is gone, you'll have to continue cleaning her ears regularly.

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    If there's a bad smell and they are red, it's a good bet she has an infection! I'd take her to a vet, they can give you something to clear it up pretty fast. After the infection is gone, you'll have to continue cleaning her ears regularly.
    I was just thinking that. I was also thinking she might have mits When Tikeya got mits in her ear it looked like dirt and it smelt funny, they cleared up right away after taking antibiotics.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Yep, I was just gonna suggest that it might be mites. Either way, go to the vets.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

What happened with Cami's ears??

Being a Lab mix, my Maggie got an yeast infection in her ears early this year. The vet gave me some stuff and she was ok for awhile. Then, just in one ear, the infection came back. The vet said that once an infection occurs, the dog's more likely to have re-occurring. Anyway, I try to keep Maggie's ear dry and clean as much as possible.

I hope Cami gets better real soon!!! Good luck!!!
    Cathy, Sammie, & Maggie

"If you can't decide between a Shepherd, a Setter
    or a Poodle, get them all ... adopt a mutt!" -- ASPCA