Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ?? Abby's legs

?? Abby's legs

I got a real scare tonight - Abby ( my redhead girl) legs went out on her.
    When she first showed up at my friends last summer her back legs were very stiff and we thought maybe she had been hit or her legs tied up. Everything has been fine since we took her in last Aug. until one night last month she came in and all of sudden she lost control of her 2 front legs for about 1 min. I thought she must have hurt them when she was outside playing. Tonight she was sleeping and went out the doggie door and I looked and here she couldn't lift any of her legs! It was like she didn't have any strength in them - she looked so scared but, didn't seem to be in any pain. I called my neighbor to help me lift her in the house and by the time he got here she was just fine again.

Anybody have this happen or heard of this type of thing before? I will call my vet in the am to see what we need to do. This does not sound good to me .

also, I have never thought that Abby sits right - she sits more like a puppy would (legs kind of flopped out to the sides).

I would have the vet check it out. Could be early signs of something.

I have problems with Roxy, but the vet doesn't know what's going on. She is really clumsy and uncoordinated. She falls and bumps into things all the time. He checked her eyes and ears and said she appears to be healthy. He said it might be that she just didn't develop well from being chained up the 1st year of her life. (She's a sleddog rescue.)

I know Angus has problems with his back legs, but he doesn't have the muscle he used to & I know his age has alot to do with it (plus he has arthritis).
    I would definately get to a vet to see what the problem is.
    Hope she is doing ok & prayers that all will be fine.
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

My friend's dog had something similar happen. The vet did xrays and it was a ruptured disc. She did require surgery but did great. It sounds like it may be something neurological. I'll be praying for your Abby girl. Please update when you can.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sammi, I hope the vet can give you some answers! That is frightening! Please let us know what you find out and give that girl some kisses from one of her fans!!!

That is scary, hope Abbey is ok. I agree with everybody else about seeing a vet. Please keep us updated.

----<---<--<{(@

Poor Abby. I think a vet visit is necessary to check this out.
    Since it's both legs involved ( two front or back) That it might be
    sometime wrong with the spine. It's possible to have arthritis of
    the spine itself. I wish you & Abbey the very best in finding out
    how she can be helped.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Not sure what to tell you....hope it's nothing serious!! I'd get it checked at a vet, and let us know what they say! *Hugs* to Abby!

Thanks for the feed back - that always helps.

I called our vet yesterday and he said it could be a number of things like metabolic, neurological, diabetes, seizures, disc or something internally wrong! She would need to be examined and have a work up of course for him to find anything out.

I bring her in early in the morning next week (I decided to wait till my husband got home and could go with me as it is a drive from here). I will have to watch her and of course bring her in sooner if anything happpens.

This really worries me as Abby is 65# and if she can't move that would be a big problem for me ! She has been great the past 2 days - busy being naughty (like digging another hole in the yard)!! I think Buddy digs too but, always looks inocent.

Glad to hear that Abby's been doing well the past couple of days...paws crossed! Hopefully she'll continue to do well until the vet can see her. Please keep us updated. Hoping for the best for sweet Abby Hugs to you Abby! (And Buddy!)

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Glad to hear that Abby's been feeling ok the past couple of days & hope that it's nothing serious.
    Please let us know what the vet says.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

That has happened to one of my guys before Sammi, but it was more like a muscle cramp and only lasted a minute or so. Scary just the same and certainly needs to be thoroughly checked as you are doing. I'm glad Mike with be with you to help. Prayers to you and all paws crossed from the East Coast.

Laurie

Oh how scary. My thoughts and prayers will be with Abby and you! I hope it is nothing serious and can be controlled. Please let us know. Hugs.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Poor Abby

I hope it's nothing serious, let us know what the vet says!!

Paws crossed here for sweet Abby girl!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Sammi, I hope Abby will have a good weekend. I have the same fear with our Murphy.........that something will happen when Scott isn't here. I simply could not lift her alone if she couldn't get up!

Sounds like Abby is back to "true form", digging those holes, though!