Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Your Pet Overweight?

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Nope none of my dogs are overweight and I make it a point to keep it like that. Afterall overweight dogs and agility just don't mix because the added weight could lead to injuries, besides the dogs are happier and more active when they aren't overweight.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Simba is.

I'm sure Nala is on her way, since she eats like crazy.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Hannah was told by the vet that she needed to lose 4 pounds. That may not sound like a lot, but it sure doesn't want to come off. I've have lessened the amount I feed her in addition to changing her food to half and half (regular and reduced calorie). She runs and plays every day, and yet no weight is coming off.

Tucker on the other hand, eats more than she does, eats all regular food, and doesn't run and play like Hannah does. He is the same height as Hannah yet weighs 3 lbs. less.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Cally is overweight...but Windsor isn't.

Originally posted by WWFanz
    Griz is overweight. I think because everybody always gives him table scraps. But he's spoiled, so what are you gonna do?
    uh exercise him, dont feed table scraps

ours are not over weight, clover is at a good winter weight at the moment (29 kilograms) but come summer when the dogs get swimming again her overall fittness should get alot better. penny (JRTx) could do with losing say 500 grams in the summer, and theodore is a perfect weight for his small frame

there is no real reason for a dog to be overweight (unless it is health issues) feeding the right diet and exercise should keep your dog in peak condition *nods*

it realy annoys the hell outta me when people are just to damned lazy to exercise and they over feed their dogs.

so those of you who have said your dogs are overweight should seriously think about starting them on a diet and exercise program for their own good (think of the pressure on the joints when the dogs are in their twilight years and can hardly walk around)
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*