Thread: People can be so Cruel!

People can be so Cruel!

I hope that they catch the bastered that did this! I don't understand how anyone can do this to any living creature, let alone a defenseless animal!

Charlottesville, Va. (AP) - A dog that had its front paws bound before it was dropped 20 feet from a bridge is recovering and scheduled to go undergo surgery for two broken legs.

"She is just an incredible little creature, considering all that she's been through," said Dr. Michael Rose of the Monticello Animal Hospital.

The boxer, believed to be 3 or 4 years old, was found Friday on railroad tracks, county police said. She also apparently was shot in the head with a small-caliber gun, Sgt. Todd Hopwood of the county police said.

Rose said it appeared the dog had been lying on the tracks for fewer than 24 hours before it was discovered.

The animal broke its hind legs and had other injuries. Recovery will take six to eight weeks, Rose said.

The former owner of the dog is unknown. Hopwood said investigators have no suspects or leads in the incident.

"I don't know what kind of monster did this," Rose said.
    Last edited by Lerah021399; 07-31-2003 at 07:20 AM.

People suck!!!

I'm glad to hear the little sweetie is going to be ok, sounds like she's a fighter!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

That's awful! Poor thing. If you absoloutely, positively must give up your dog, don't injure it, just give it to a loving home!

That's horrible!!!!!! And I live near Charlottesville to....
    Blame the deed not the breed!

UGH!!! That makes me sick!! It will come back to them...who ever did this!!!!

The person that did this needs to be tied up and pushed off a bridge to see what it feels like!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

That's horrible! I hope they catch whoever did this. Geez, Charlottesville is only 45 minutes away from me.

I hate to say this, but I wonder if "Frat boys" from University of Virginia did this? Not that I have anything against fraternities, but I live near Virginia Commonwealth University and the dog that lives upstairs from me was abused by a fraternity. The guy upstairs saved him. He said they never fed "Jake" much and used to chase him around with Super Soaker water guns for fun. "Jake" will now only go near water if it is in a dish, baths are almost impossible.

Best of luck to the doggie, I hope she makes a full recovery.

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)

I agree, let's tie up the human and throw them off a bridge! This makes me so mad I can't even stand it.

Horrible!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I also hope this dogs makes a full recovery. How can people be like that I will never understand. Their day will come.