Thread: Abby's Pooping Problem... *HELP*

Abby's Pooping Problem... *HELP*

Guess what we wake up to every morning?

Abby poop.

We let her out before bed, (around 10-11pm) and when we wake up (8-9am) and there always seems to be poop on the floor.

What do I do? We have even tried only feeding her at certain times of the day, and still, she poops on the floor in the middle of the night.

*help*

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Make a time to let her out in the middle of the night?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Make a time to let her out in the middle of the night?
    I was going to say the same thing. Chester has to go out around 3 am every night. So I get up and take him. I hate it, but it's better than waking up to poop.

If u feed the dog really good food like Nurto & feed once aday, the dog only needs to poop once a day & its a small poop cause the dog uses up almost all the food he eats.

Max's poop looks like cat poop (the size), & hes an 80 pound dog. & hes not over weight at all.

Re: Abby's Pooping Problem... *HELP*

Poor Abby and poor you,

I guess sweet Abby doesn't try to wake you up
    when she has to go.
    How old is Abbey and how long did she start
    making mistakes in the house?

----<---<--<{(@

Originally posted by micki76
    I was going to say the same thing. Chester has to go out around 3 am every night. So I get up and take him. I hate it, but it's better than waking up to poop.
    We go through the same thing, little nina gets me up every night to go, she just doesn't seem to be able to make it through the night, and she eats nutro only so that isn't her problem. Her sis ashlee makes it all night and then some. They are all different. If she stops waking me I will have to set the alarm......tom

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

My pups were put in their crates at night for quite a long time. Recently I have been letting them sleep out of them, and they don't seem to be going potty on the floor in the middle of the night anymore

Why not have a doggy door and keep it unlocked at night? That way she can let herself out when she needs to go. (As long as you yard is fencd and there is no chance of anyone taking her of course).
    I've been BOO'd!

Riley has a tendency to leave us "treasures" sometimes, but not in the middle of the night.

All of the suggestions are good--you may just have to set an alarm and get up in the middle of the night and run her out.
    Or you could try having her sleep in her crate.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I also used crates at night to keep from waking up to potty. Buddy would pee on the floor in the living room. But after a few weeks in his crate at night. No More Potty On The Floor! For the first 4-5 months he slept gated in our room at night, he would wake me up at 3:00 everyday to go out. But that has now stopped as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

My dogs are all crated at night but they all have had times when they weren't and they can make it all night. My first questions would be as some one else asked - how old is Abbey and has she just started to have this problem.

Taggert had some problems when he was about 6 months old but he had problems even in the kennel and it was day and night. We changed his food to Sensible Choice Lamb and Rice Formula and have had no problems ever since.

I think before I started getting her in the habit of getting up every night I would try changing her food and feeding her earlier in the day.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

I would have to agree with the using the crate. When we adopted Spike he couldn't hold it all night, but by putting him in his crate for a couple of weeks he did just fine. Now, I have to wake him up in the morning to go potty. He loves to sleep in!
    Lisa, Max and Spike

With Tonee (RB) she had lost bladder controll. She was on the meds, but just couldn't make it long. So I had to set an alarm for every 3 hours and wake her up to go out in the night. I hadn't slept through the night for almost 2 years. But I loved her so it was worth it.
    Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Ah the old Airedale 3am poop party! Know it quite well every morning 3:00 regardless if they went out at 11pm. Tried feeding at a different time, different food-low residue food-nope!! Silly 'dales must have a fast metabolism! The joys of "motherhood"
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!