Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cheap cat toys

cheap cat toys

My Baby Baxter loves to play with
    a ball and jack set from a toy store. Get the plastic jacks. That way if you step on them they won't break. He loves to pick the jacks with with his paw or mouth.

We play fetch.or he entertains himself
    for hours. One time I found a jack in a water bowl.
    Sandy Frost

How cute... Do you have a picture of him ?

Sorry!

Sorry but I don't. But he has hours of
    fun the jacks.
    Sandy Frost

BJ plays with crumbled paper , Michael likes the plaTIC TABS FROM THE BREAD , AND jUKE jOINT jOSEPH IS IN LOVE WITH PAPER BAGS!And check out the Dollar Store as they sometimes they have Toys , Bowls and Treats , well priced!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The latest cheap toy I've discovered is to take a big cardboard box and cut holes around the sides with a box cutter in varying areas; high and low. If you have more than one cat, one can jump in the box while the other is outside, and they stick their paws through the holes trying to get each other. If you only have one kitty, put him/her in box and take a teaser toy to entice kitty near the holes. Fun for all!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

What are jacks?
    Avajoy, I have to try the cardboad with holes, guess it's so much fun for the kitties.

Originally posted by koxka
    What are jacks?
    Avajoy, I have to try the cardboad with holes, guess it's so much fun for the kitties.
    These are jacks:

Cheap toys

Nice photo of ball and jacks. Also another
    cheap toy is pipecleaners that you can buy at the craft stores. I wrap one around my finger and when I take it off it is a coil and my cats go ape over them.
    Sandy Frost

Oh,Thank you I see.....guess a trip to the toy store is in order Have never seen the kids palying with that tohough.

Petco, PetSmart, etc. sell plastic jacks that are cat toys. I think they come in a little bag of four. Kona loves them, too! But you are right about stepping on them--gosh that hurts!
    Oreo and Molly

Yestarday , we went a toystore, that have pretty much this kind of things, but they dind't know about that one
    Could be it's only a USA toy?

Koxka, Although a more sophisticated toy store may not carry jacks. In the USA, most all grocery stores have these types of children's toys. Have you checked there?

......wayne

THANKS LOGAN

Originally posted by L. Wayne
    Koxka, Although a more sophisticated toy store may not carry jacks. In the USA, most all grocery stores have these types of children's toys. Have you checked there?

......wayne
    THANKS!
    SANDY Frost

Wayne, have never seen this toy before, so I though a fancy toy store that import toys could have it., but nope.

I have 11 nephews & nieces , if it was a "regular" toy I may have seen it.!

A friend of mine’s cat loved to play with (beer) bottle caps. I saw her learn that the cap only glides with the smooth side down. If the cap got tipped over she would bang the side of it with her paw to try to flip it over. She would do that once or twice and if it didn’t work she would pick the cap up with her mouth and try to flip it that way.

I seem to remember as a kid that you could make a rolling toy from a toilet paper roll, a rubber band and a paper clip. You attach the paper clip to the rubber band and then glue (or otherwise attach) it to the spent toilet paper tube. You twirl around the paper clip to get the tension of the rubber band and then let it go….. I forget if it is supposed to roll on it’s own or just make noise.

Now that I remember that I think I will have to make one for my little fuzzy to play with.