Thread: Silly Kitty

Silly Kitty

I had a cat that liked to play with plastic milk tabs & rubber bands. When somebody would take them away from her she would hiss. These "toys" kept disappearing. We looked under a chair and there was a huge pile of them!!
    Rebekah

Yes, milk jug rings and rubberbands used to be a favorite of Peanut's. But the last few times I gave her a milk jug ring, she batted it around once or twice then ignored it, so I guess she's "outgrown" these toys. (She's almost 15, BTW, so she's "outgrown" most toys these days.)

However, one word of caution, sometimes these silly kitties have been known to eat the rubberbands when they're done playing with them, and that can be very disasterous to a kitty's digestive system. So my advice would be that if you give her a rubberband, be there while she's playing with it and pick it up when she's done - even if she does hiss at you. A hiss now and then is much better than an emergency trip to the vet because she's got the rubberband stuck in her intestines.

Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Thanks for the information, but I no longer have this cat.
    Rebekah

My cat also likes to try and eat rubber bands, but she can't swallow them because we take them away from her. She's kind of outgrown them too, because she knows that we won't let her eat any.

My cat Bernie is the same way. He has this new thing he likes to do that I HATE(only cause i don't want him to get hurt). He loves to stretch as high as he can & take push pins out of the wall. He's such a little stinker & knows better then to do it. When he finally gets one out of the wall he'll look around (see me) & then run. I have to chase him until i can get it away. I have gone thru my house & moved anything hanging w/ push pin up higher out of his reach.