Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need some urgent Prayer from you prayer warriors out there...

Fingers and paws crossed here, and this family will be in our prayers.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

How is momma and baby doing?
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I was just gonna give an update today...thanks for asking.

One answer to prayer, is that insurance has finally allowed for the baby to be moved to the same hospital as mommy, so it will be easier on the father and once the mother is off of sedation, she will be able to be with her baby. Btw, she has been on sedatives ever since the baby was born, so realistically, she doesnt even know she has had the baby yet...it has been that serious. She is 100% sedated now, b/c she was trying to remove some of her tubes...which is completely understandable...she is probably wondering (as the sedative had started to wear off, what is all going on and how is the baby through all of this). Her heart isnt as good as it could be, so that is another reason for the sedatives...to keep her calm and relaxed. If she knew the whole scope of everything going on, it wouldn't be good for her heatlh...b/c i am sure her blood pressure would rise and so forth.

The baby is doing great. She started on a bottle yesterday....and she had a cat scan done to make sure there was no damage to her brain due to any lack of oxygen that she might have had...and it came out good.

The mom is not out of the woods yet...but with each day there is some improvement. So thank you all so much for your concern and prayers...keep em coming!! I will update as i know more

Thanks everyone!!

Robyn

This is wonderful news about the baby. I hope the mother will be doing better soon.
    Steffi and Lovable

WOW. I just saw this thred, and could hardly read through it, I was so scared. Prayers for the mom and the little one!

I always like a name to put with a prayer...is there anyway to know who we are praying for Robyn? Just a few name?

Oh great news! I am so glad that the mother will finally get to see her baby. Perhaps if the baby is not doing so well she can have breastmilk that the mother has pumped? That is always the best, especially for a premie.

Still praying here, hope the mother gets to go home soon and thank goodness the father doesn't have to travel so much now, and only stay at one hospital. I will pray for him as well, it is probably very draining.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Luckie's, if the Mom is so sedated, they wouldn't allow the baby to have her breast milk.

Prayers will continue for this family - the news is very encouraging.

They needed "permission" from the insurance company to be able to bring the family together? Insurance companies make me nuts!

Thanks to the other members of this board who shared their stories of similar situations. It is a reminder to us that people can come through even the bleakest of situations. I pray that each day both mother and child will get better until the crisis is past. We need to pray for the new dad too so he is able to manage under this stressful situation.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Paws, Claws, and Tails crossed here, Prayers and Positive thoughts out to this family.

I'm so glad to hear that the mother and baby are doing well. Prayers and positive thoughts are still on the way. Thanks for the update.

So glad to hear some good news. I will continue with prayers and positive thoughts.

Just thought i would give a quick update....

The mother is no longer intubated...and hasnt been since 12:30pm eastern time today. She struggles a little with breathing...but not enough to put her back on...at least for now...so that is a HUGE step. She has a LONG road ahead of her...but it was nice to hear some good news. The baby will be able to go home at the end of the week...so i am guessing the grandmother will take care of her until the mother/father are ready to come home...which is probably not in the near future.

The mother got to actually talk a little today...off of her sedatives...so she knows about the baby and maybe even saw pics....so that is great news.

Keep on praying though...she is still in critical condtion...just progessing with baby steps.

Thanks
    Robyn

This is great news! Thanks for the update Robyn. Prayers and positive thoughts are still on the way.

Yes, this is great news...prayers will continue to be offered for the whole family.

Good news. Still praying that Mom gets stronger quickly and the little one continues to do well.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)