Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found a Cool Breed!!!

I found a Cool Breed!!!

I was on the internet looking at dog breeds..I came accross the French Bulldog!! OMG I love the breed, I read the info on them it seems like a match!!! Im really interested in this sweet breed.
    Since I'm not sure what pet to go for dog or cat im gonna think more. But till then Im gonna tell my mom all about this wonderful breed and hopefully get her interested!!! My brother loves anykind of bulldog, and when I tell him about the french bulldog he will want one!!
    If anyone has or had a french bulldog can you tell me about them? thanks!

There have been French Bulldogs featured on Pet/Dog of the Day! Just go to http://PetoftheDay.com/search/ and type in french bulldog and you can read about a couple!

Cool that is cool!
    Layka

French Bulldog Momma!

I am lucky enough to own a beautiful cream french bulldog, Mable. My husband and I did alot of research about the breed before deciding on frenchies. Here are the pros: 1. Frenchies are small and can live fairly well indoors. She has only occasional spurts of energy. 2. Frenchies are low maintance and do not have bad doggy odor. The only grooming they require is nail clipping, ear cleaning, wiping between the face folds and brushing. 3. Frenchies are all natural -no tail docking or ear cropping. 4. Frenchies are excellent with children -they have a very high pain tolerance and are less likely to snap or bite when provoked by a child. I have accidently stepped on her and she didn't even cry. Now, here are the cons: 1. Frenchies can easily over heat if they play or work too hard. They do require air conditioning in hot weather. 2. Frenchies shed lots of hair. 3. Frenchies have lots and lots of genetic defects. Frenchies tend to have food allergies and skin allergies, narrow nostrils, cleft lip/palate, respiratory problems, elongated palate, anesthesia sensitivities, back problems, premature disc degeneration and lots more. This is very important to know when looking for a good, responsible breeder. 4. Frenchies can be very stubborn and have strong dog agression.

I don't mean to scare you away from selecting this breed, but I do want you to know this dog requirements. I also want to emphasize that if this dog is bought as a pet it should not be breed. Frenchies can not have natural births and must have cesarean births (c-sections). This is one reason that they tend to be expensive.

As for personality, I have never met another animal like her. She is playful, loving, and very smart. She won second place in her on-leash training class (she even beat out some Labs) and was potty trained in 3 days. I have tons of info, so just let me know if you want to learn more.

Neat! What kind is it?
    Layka

Thanks!!!

Thankyou Mable's Mom!!! for the Pro's and Con's that was Very nice of you!!! Thanks alot!!!!!

-Amber-

yea, there is a french bulldog for the DOTD today (july 27).

WHAT WERE WE TALKING ABOUT i FORGOT?
    Layka

french bulldogs

Sorry I am kinda spacing out!
    Layka

I've heard about French Bulldogs before, they are an awesome breed

I wouldnt concider a French Bulldog a "cool" dog its not that i dont like them its just that they are very comon where i live.
    Layka

Originally posted by Layka3000
    I wouldnt concider a French Bulldog a "cool" dog its not that i dont like them its just that they are very comon where i live.
    In your earlier post you just said they were a cool breed....

Well they are cool, but not a very unique breed of dog
    Layka

I am not saying they are not cool
    Layka