OMG, KatMa (me) and Paw-Paw (my husband) are all alone tonight. No Sasha to sleep with us, purring gently in my ear.

Today our angel girl had her teeth cleaned AND a molar extracted. Poor sweetheart. I went to visit her at 3 p.m. and she actually growled at her KatMa! Tonight we both went to visit our furkid -- she looked better to me but her Paw-Paw was freaking out. She growled again, but a less fierce version than earlier.

Our furkid was abused & abandoned. When she adopted me, Sasha was pregnant with 5 kittens (born July 18, 1995). Sasha was about 14 months old (max) then. She had been left out all winter and we have cold winters in Montreal -- and the tips of her ears froze. One tip fell off. Some lowlife who takes up oxygen & space and should really be pushing up daisies kicked her so hard just under her ribcage that she ended up with a hernia.

Also, her canine uppers are cracked & broken and the wee teeth on the bottom jaw had some broken off too. Her doc said it was hard kicking that did this to our sweetie. Thankfully she found her fur~ever purrents and now has claimed her rightful place in life: Queen of the Palace.

Last year the hernia got so, so much bigger so her Vet decided a surgical fix was necessary -- which, natch, we did. She had a lot of dental work and two teeth had to be extracted. Poor Angel had such a rough start -- and now a this check-up a molar presents as decayed and had to be removed.

We hope the canine teeth will hold out for a few more years. Sasha may one day need root canal work & caps & crowns (do they do this for our furkids?)...just like me, her KatMa.

Tomorrow, perhaps, Sasha will be able to come home. We find it difficult not having our furkid here with us... And we hope she won't spend a second night in the hospital.

Tomorrow evening I'll post on this board to tell hour our furkid, Sasha the Queen, is doing. She needs lots of hugs & kisses and your furkids' purrs & mewls to get her through this.

Our furkid, Sasha the Queen (look at left ear - orange side of face - notice no pointed tip 'cause it froze & fell off.! Other ear healed better).