Thread: Jessica Lynch..

Jessica Lynch..

I really think they're going way out of proportion with her. Sure, she is a hero, But so are all of the other people in the services over there. I hear she's getting full paid college or something like that. I think if she gets it so should ALL of the other people over there on our side when they return home.
    Jessica Lynch story

What do you think?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Would you trade places with her for just a day? Could you walk in her shoes? Ummm, I forgot, she can't walk yet.

She is just 20 years old and think of what she has endured.

I wish her nothing but the best and apparently her town thinks highly of her as well.

I'm sure I couldn't endure what she has. I know I couldn't I just think that everyone who wanted over there should get what she's getting.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

The evening news was just covering the story of a young man who died who was with her company. He is also a hero (and no one even knows his name) and his parents have no one coming home. Yes, I agree KayAnn. She is a hero but even more so are the ones who didn't make it home. They gave everything they had.

Originally posted by Kfamr
    I'm sure I couldn't endure what she has. I know I couldn't I just think that everyone who wanted over there should get what she's getting.
    I really don't think anybody really wanted to go over there.
    They joined the military service for the educational or medical,
    benefits and to serve in defense of country.In published reports
    her family & friends say Jessica joined to get training & schooling
    to help her make a life for herself.Her injuries alone should
    qualify her for every aid available to her & other injured soldiers.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...nch_homecoming

I believe she is a hero, along with every other US soldier, wherever they serve.
    I also believe she deserves whatever comes to her--she almost lost her life fighting for us, the least we can give her is the education she dreamed of.
    I could never do what she did--I sat in the comfort of my home, with my husband, and my dogs, and watched everything unfold on my television. She was there--my tax dollars can go to support her or any other soldier any day.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Jessica Lynch and every soldier who has been put to the test in Iraq and Afghanistan. They deserve the very best when they return home.

Do I think she is a hero? Of course I do...Her and about 150,000 others!

BTW, don't the four branches of military offer free tuition as an incentive to enlist to anyone?

Last edited by bnormal; 07-23-2003 at 08:52 AM.

I'm torn on this one...

Yes, she is a hero. Yes, she put her life on the line, didn't sign up for the infantry ( I believe she was with a supply company? Or something similar that ideally wouldn't see combat?) yet found herself in a position most of us can not fathom.

Does she derserve the medal/recognition she is getting? Yes, but so do many, many other named heroes who have fought and do fight to defend our country.

We know her name because she survived and I'm sorry to say it, but becuase she is a woman...how many of the male POW's can you name? When they first returned home, many were interviewed, but where have they gone since? (maybe I'm just not watching enough TV). Jessica's name is the one that I keep hearing.

How many soldiers can you name who gave the ultimate sacrifice...their life?

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
    I'm torn on this one...

Does she derserve the medal/recognition she is getting? Yes, but so do many, many other named heroes who have fought and do fight to defend our country.

How many soldiers can you name who gave the ultimate sacrifice...their life?
    Lynch received a Purple Heart, everyone wounded in battle gets one. This is a very interesting story
    but when I start to think about American military
    prisoners I think about The Pueblo, the Baatan Death March, the Iran hostages (a majority of them were civvies) The Hanoi Hilton, the POWs and MIAs from all the wars since the turn of the century.

There are times I wonder if the soldiers that were killed would gladly accept that anonimity knowing that they would not be remembered individually, but collectively for the part they played, dying for their country, so we could enjoy and freely discuss a story like Lynch's?

I'm sure we could do a better job at remembering names, not just deeds of the fallen soldiers, but
    that's why we have Vet's day and Memorial day.

We celebrate them as a group on those days, families remember them as individuals-
    and even tho we have had some great men and women
    lead us to where we are today-i sometimes get the feeling that people who have died and fought for this country would be a little embarrassed about having people fuss over what a great many of them
    see as a a privilege, the privilege to do something for their country.

I am sure that we could do better remembering them when we hear about cutbacks in the VA benefits, hospital, medicines they need, housing or maybe
    even just shaking their hand and saying, 'Thanks for giving your country some of your time, sweat, tears and blood.'

There is nothing like seeing the appreciation in a person's eyes when you thank them for doing something some of us can't or won't do.

I think that more important than remembering each and every name is not forgetting them and their anonymous service to America.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

RICHARD, WELL SAID!! THANK YOU!

posted by RICHARD: I think that more important than remembering each and every name is not forgetting them and their anonymous service to America.>>>>>

Ditto from me too. They are all hero's, and never should
    be forgotten.

----<---<--<{(@

Originally posted by RICHARD

I think that more important than remembering each and every name is not forgetting them and their anonymous service to America.
    I guess that was sorta what I was trying to get at...we can't possible know them all by name, yet we need to remember and honor them all You said it very well!

If she is or not a hero is one thing, but if she faught for her country and she was wounded she should be, as all the others, given some special treatment. If you don't think so, do not send your people to wars. And I believe, if you agree with me that your country is a democracy, it's the majority's choice to fight or not the war. So, it's your choice to send her to war (meaning to send the army to war). I am not addressing this to one only person, so, please do not take it personally.

Originally posted by Vio&Juni
    If you don't think so, do not send your people to wars.

someone once said, 'we fight wars so we can live in peace'.

wouldn't it be nice to hope that one day we would never have to send anyone to war???
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    someone once said, 'we fight wars so we can live in peace'.

wouldn't it be nice to hope that one day we would never have to send anyone to war???
    Let's just hope fighting wars will not become a habit...