Thread: Hamster babies!

Hamster babies!

Hi, guys! Well, the day I've been waiting for is finally here! A couple of the babies are out! One is particularly interested in following mama around, and he washed his face and got something to drink, but hasn't figured out where the food is yet. The other two came out and explored, then went back in where it's warm Mama was very protective of them, and when I took the cage down off the dresser so I could get these shots, she scrambled around trying to put them back in the nest. The one that is the most independant was a little stubborn, though, so I got some good shots of him/her It's only a matter of days now, before they're all out and they're weaned, and now that it's almost here, I'm not really looking forward to it I hope I don't get too attached! LOL.....

Anyway, here's some pics of the baby and a couple of the mama.

Thanks,
    Donna/hamsterlover
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hamster babies!

Another one of the baby.

Hamster babies!

A third one of the baby.

Hamster babies!

One of the mama.

Hamster babies!

Another one of the mama.

im sooo gealous! my RB hampster and my brother RB hampster had little babies too!! oh they were so cute! we gave em away though but i miss my baby so much.. but otis my hampster was full grown and when we got piglet she was small and yet they still had the little ones..

Re:

They're really sweet Mama's awful protective of them, though LOL....she keeps picking them up and putting them back in the nest, but as soon as she goes off to get another, they come back out again, LOL....there were five of them at last count, by the way.

Just so you know, I didn't breed them intentionally. My son accidentally killed our previous hamster (a Siberian dwarf), so I bought him a new one....she's a Teddy Bear, and came pregnant. It was stupid...I bought her knowing she was housed with a male and the other two females in there were pregnant, but my son so wanted another one....he was so distraught over the loss of the other one....so rather than going to another pet store, I bought this one on impulse hoping it wasn't pregnant. But she was, and the babies are here and they're adorable and in a few days, I'm going to find them homes and everyone will be happy again. But in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy them! They're so cute!

Thanks,
    Donna/hamsterlover

they are very cute, I am glad everything is going well, have you reconsidered takling them to the pet store??

ps: the mother and all babies are definitly syrian hamsters ..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Re:

OK, whatever, they're cute

No, I haven't reconsidered. They're going to be weaned in a few days and I will have no other choice. I'm sure they'll be fine. They have assured me they will separate them, and they are behind glass so kids can't play with them. After that, I'm sorry, but it's not my problem anymore. I'm keeping them from breeding here with the mother by getting rid of them before that happens, and that's all I can do.

If you want to pay freight, I'd gladly send them to you

Re: Re:

Originally posted by hamsterlover
    OK, whatever, they're cute

No, I haven't reconsidered. They're going to be weaned in a few days and I will have no other choice. I'm sure they'll be fine. They have assured me they will separate them, and they are behind glass so kids can't play with them. After that, I'm sorry, but it's not my problem anymore. I'm keeping them from breeding here with the mother by getting rid of them before that happens, and that's all I can do.

If you want to pay freight, I'd gladly send them to you
    really . I would love to take every one of thoughs sweet babies !! mahhh I want them soo bad they have such nice soft coloring !! they are adorible. My mom wouldent let me get another 5 hamsters though lol. that would be the day . I already have 3 and my hands are full with just them . . I hope they find good homes. .
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Re:

I'm sure they will....I wouldn't ship live animals, anyway Was just a sarcastic/rhetorical suggestion

Take care,
    Donna/hamsterlover