Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ti is going to a new home tomorrow

Thanks so much Z!

I appreciate your time and efforts.

Tonight I hope to hear from Tamara, the retired bengal breeder from VT, the nice breeder.

I, too, tried the Bengal rescue sites and didn't get far into them before being bumped out because their site wasn't working.

I think that Tamara will be my link to Ti finding a good home. I am willing to work with Ti and Tamara until this boy finds the right home. I would love to find a home not too far from where I live, so I could visit him from time to time.

I sense a bit of ill feelings with Notsofluffy and his/her comment about the fact that I didn't get my cat at a pound or through a rescue. I have no comment other than it was my choice. Would I do it again, and get a cat from a breeder, yes. Would I get a cat from the pound/rescue, yes.

Off to my busy day.

SAS

Oh poor Miley! Your tube doesn't look like it's much fun at all, but I'm glad to hear you're not too bothered by it. And SAS, I can relate to your stomach flips over it. Guess that's why I'm not a nurse or anything.

I'm glad Miley is home and doing so well. I really don't know of many cats that actually like being pilled, so Miley is just being a typical cat in that respect.

Good luck with finding Ti a new home. I hope something shows up soon - for all your sakes. Although I have to admit, the porch is as big as our motorhome, and Terry and I have no problem spending long periods of time in the motorhome, so Ti shouldn't have any problem at all being on the porch. Sounds rather nice actually.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Perhaps you could post a picture of Ti on my "Bengals and Buddies Exotic Animal Rescue" site? My rescues get adopted out pretty fast, and a good picture and story never hurts. We have adopters from all over the US and Canada. Today we are taking in a chinchilla with a neurological disorder/brain damage.

I am redoing my site and it should be finished within two days....I just have to finish moving pages over to the other space. My Bengal brood will be helping me spruce up the site with their gorgous faces, hehe. We actually have some rescued ratties available for adoption after quarantine if anyone is interested lol.

If you are interested in submitting him to the site let me know. We thoroughly screen adopters, check houses or at least verify with neighbors/personal contacts etc.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by NotSoFluffy

I remember when you would describe Miley with not so nice terms because she did not want to play or have anything to do with Ti. Now, I see the same not so nice words about Ti. It seems clear to me that Ti is a dominant cat (which Bengals can be) and simply scares Miley. In some situations, certain cats will not get along with each other, but they're just being cats. The Bengal breed is crossed with the Asian Leopard Cat with some outcrossing of the African Wildcat by some breeders (both wild cats, thus making the Bengal a "hybrid" breed), which makes it a naturally more agressive breed.

Please do more research on Bengal cats before posting something like this. As a retired Bengal breeder and now a Bengal rescuer and owning four Bengal cats of my own, I know the breed very well. Yes the Bengal breed is a result of crossing the Asian Leopard cat with a domestic cat, usually an Ocicat, but they are now domestic and have been removed from the "hybrid" line from several generations. Unless the Bengal was an F2, F3 or even F4 there should be no issues with agressiveness.

My cats are the best, lickiest, dog like cats around. They love the water, cuddle with my son and enjoy spending time with my other furries which includes other mixed breed rescues, my rats, and cuddle with my son all the time. I could never ask for a better cat, and having them be beautiful makes them ever so more fantastic!

As far as being agressive that is just a load of $@#%, because that is so not true! I have never had a problem with socialized animals being agressive. I believe that Ti acts this way because he simply was raised in a cattery, probably in a cage and not socialized with other animals as well, or people for that matter.

SAS is doing her very best to give Ti the life he so desires, and she has done nothing wrong. She is trying to find him a nice caring home and I am sure that is her top priority right now. I don't believe she anticipated Ti to act this way, or Miley too for that matter. They just simply do not get along. She is not going to keep him in her home because injuries occur. She has done her very best to keep him there, and tried to get them to get alone. It's not working out, period. The next best thing was for her to place him, which she is doing. She's just not giving him away to anybody...some stranger on the street.

Sorry if I take offense but what you are saying about her and the Bengal breed is just simply not true!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Ow - those tubes are quite a sight. I think that they really give us a clearer picture of what was going on in Camp Vermont behind your back SAS. Ti wasn't playing or rough-housing with Miley - he was mauling her

I know that if I were in the same situation as you, I'd have to make the same decision. Most blended cat families find some kind of resolution and yours didn't.

Its so sad to see the scars left by undersocializing or neglecting kitties when they are babies. It was awful that Ti's nasty breeder didn't socialize him properly. Hang in there - his forever home will be found and Camp Vermont will find peace and quiet.

These are not the droids you were looking for

SAS, I just looked at the picture of the tubes. I didn't realize that so much of Miley's fur was removed. The poor little thing. I am thinking of all of you.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

SAS-
    How awful. The whole thing, just awful. I am so happy to hear there is an end in sight. Your heart has been torn apart by this, and the events with Gabe and Grammy Crackers just too much to deal with any more trauma. But, despite all the hardship, you continue to put the welfare of your kitties ahead of your own feelings. That is truly remarkable.

Hang in there....
    Hugs,
    Johanna

I think you are making the right choice. There are cats who need and want to be an only cat. In the past we had a male Aby who did not tolerate other cats or dogs and he had a terrible temper about the whole thing! There were even people he didn't like and he would just walk up and bite them but he was as sweet as can be to us.

Ti sounds like he wants to eliminate the other cats around him so he can be the only cat. Also, Bengals are terribly close in breed generations to wild cats and may not be as domesticated as you need for your well domesticated Abys. As much pain as he's brought, I know you still care for him and your own efforts to rehome him will give you greater comfort in knowing he will be well cared for. He will probably be happier where the stress is lower and he runs the place. Cats can and do share your pain and I know he is aware that there's something wrong but not that he is the source of the pain.

Follow your heart.
    Randy

I don't recall saying anything about agressiveness, but maybe I should have. Puncture wounds that would require tubes (I would imagine for fluid drainage) would suggest an agressive attack. Vicious is another word I didn't use, nor implied, in relation to the Bengal breed. I do share my home with three myself. I simply stated that Ti is clearly dominant over Miley. I do believe sasvermont is doing the best thing by rehoming Ti.

As I stated earlier, I did not want to post this to be mean, only to share my observations so they could possibily help with any cat additions. Sometimes it helps to get an outside view when so much emotion is involved. That was my truly only intention.

As for Luckies4Me

I have seen your stories as well. I don't even feel I should waste good computer time addressing your pretentious posts about everything you know about every animal that graces this world. But, alas, I've already begun. And come to think of it, I'll leave it at that.

I never said I know everything about every animal, but yes I do know a lot about plenty of animals. It comes from years of keeping them as pets....experience.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

No phone calls last night

I didn't hear from the nice breeder last night so I will call her some time today. I didn't play on the internet last night to keep the phone line open.

This AM I will take Ms. Miley to the vet to have the tubing removed. The tubing by the way, is tucked under her skin and out the other end of her leg, to keep the wound open and able to have meds applied. After today it will be necessary for me to only apply the cream - and of course pill her. She is cooperative but not thrilled with me afterwards.

NotSoFluffy - it would have been good to have your input much earlier in this mess. I will "let go" of any strong feelings I have about some of your comments, epecially the one about Lucky4me. Maybe I read too much into them; more than I should have.... Life goes on.

I am not sure anyone of us has the answers to this mess. I suspect it will work it's way out over time. Ti is ok on the porch and so is everyone else. I am not treating him cruely - as he does roam the Camp from time to time but always ends up on the porch! He will be rehomed.

Miley is happier by the day - eating up a storm, using her scratching post (and my headboard <--- something new this week)..... and she is playing with and grooming Juni. I have no worries about those two getting along.

Well, off to play with Ti Ti and get Miley into her carrier!

L,
    SAS
    Last edited by sasvermont; 07-23-2003 at 09:14 AM.

Re: No phone calls last night

Originally posted by sasvermont
    Miley is happier by the day - eating up a storm, using her scratching post (and my headboard <--- something new this week)..... and she is playing with and grooming Juni. I have no worries about those two getting along
    Great news about Miley. Does my heart good to hear this. She is a resiliant one thank goodness.

Guys (or gals), do not take it so closely. I am sure, NotSoFluffy didn't mean anything offensive. She was just trying to be helpful.
    I feel bad when people start discussing an issue and, suddenly, they start saying to each other things...

I am glad Miley is better than before. I hope after TiTi is re-homed, we get to see more pictures of the cute little girl and also Juni Rose We need them. I hope to see happy faces on those pictures!

This is actually the first time I write in this forum and this topic is the reason why I am now registered. Your story tugged at my heart so much and I've been through something like that years before...it's like emotions run wild...one day is sunshine and the other rain (or thunderstorm)...
    I am glad you've found a solution to it and I know that this is just the right decision...
    Our relation to our furry friends is not so very different to our friendships with other humans...some are meant for a reason, some for a season and some for a lifetime...sometimes things just don't work out as we want them to be...THAT'S LIFE!

But I think we all learned from your situation that cats are indeed as individual as each living being...some are meant to stay with us and our families and some just never fit in right...we have to accept their choices as well and here your cats have made the final choice and I'm really glad you've listened to them!

And now go on and enjoy life with beautiful Miley and her little sister Juni Rose! Please!!!

oh bisi.cat

Thank you for such kind and gentle words. I know that some folks here feel the same way you do about this mess I have created. It is so far out of my control now! Your words just warmed my heart so and brightened my day! Thank you.

Miley survived the Vet's handling this morning. She is SO good at the Vet's. He flushed the site again, took more dead tissue from the area and now it must heal (with a watchful eye, of course)!

I allowed Juni in with Miley for the day, since Miley no longer has "potential toys" hanging from her hind quarters, tempting Ms. Juni Rose to play, play, play!

Off to work!