Thread: Gizmo, the amazing, flying weiner dog!

Gizmo, the amazing, flying weiner dog!

Giz, I haven't laughed so hard in ages! If any doggie on earth deserves to don the coveted "red cape," it's you 'lil Giz! I'm especially impressed with your "behind the couch" maneuver! Now, that's a move even my spirited "sparkomatic 3000" would be proud to claim as her own! You're just too cute for words ' lil Giz! Whether pouncing or snugging, you're definitely "top dog!" Congratulations to our spirited, high flying, life loving, most precious Dog of the Day Giz, the amazing, flying weiner dog!! And I agree with your Mom, Giz, your adorable antics should be put to paper and shared with the world!! I can only imagine the celebration that's in store for Giz, Kaiya and their proud family

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Look up in the sky it's a bird, it's a salami, it's a bratwurst-No it's Gizmo-faster than a speeding skateboard; able to leap tall baby gates in a single bound, who disguised as a gorgeous Doxie....have a fabulous day!! You don't need a cape you have those delightful ears
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's flying Giz! (borrowed from the old Superman days...)

What an amazing little girl you are Giz! Who would think that a little doxie with little leggies shorter than the average dog would be such an accomplished jumper! You sound like quite a character and must keep your humans laughing all the time. Your picture is just precious and I so much enjoyed "meeting" you today. Congrats on being Saturday's very special Dog of the Day!

Blog Entries

the aMEWsing GIZMO dog

Mew, congratulations to Gizmo, the amazing flying weiner-dog, DOTD! All pets are special, sans question! My KatMa is still laughing at your antics. Mew, what a great bio your DogMa ( dogma ) wrote.

Purr-purrr I don't know many dogs who can turn their ears to flop inside-out -- that is a neat-0 trick. Nice that Kaiya lets you boss her around. Mew, mew would have problems with bossing ME. KatMa thinks you'd be quilted with lots of kitty scratches & stitches...

This weiner-doggie is not as quick as you:

Have a great day celebrating with Kaiya and the fursons. Extra treats for all! Live long and happy, healthy, loved & cherished...and don't ever let anyone find your 'on-off' switch!

My KatMa thinks your furson should post on the *Dog General* board -- telling everyone more funny stories of Gizmo, the Amazing Flying Weiner-Dog! We'll look furr-ward to that.

Cats know: Good things come in small packages...

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Blog Entries

Gizmo [SuperGiz girl]

Mew, KatMa got to thinking (her head hurts now, mew!) about your high jumps and how such a shortie doggie can do that!

KatMa has it figured out: Your knees have super-bounce springs in them!

Mew, eveyone! Please to the website

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com

everyday & click to feed abandoned/abused animals.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

GIZMO

You are such a funnly little HAM!!! You seem to be so much fun... you sure are one deserving DOTD!!!!

I hope you get lots of kisses and hugs today sweet pup. ..... and lots of cuddle time!! CONGRATULATIONS Gizmo!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

It's Gizmo! The hardest working dog is show business! Can I hire you as the entertainment at my next party?

Henry the Harrier Hound Says
    " Resistance is Futile "

Gizmo, pleased to meet you! Don't you have the cutest face! And when I read your story I just had to laugh Enjoy your day and congratulations on DOTD!
    Last edited by judymin61; 07-19-2003 at 03:32 PM.

It's gorgeous Gizmo, B-more doggy! What a wonderful story to accompany that picture of your precious little doxie doll face! You totally rock little Gizmo and we honor you as Our Adorable Dog of the Day!!

Hi there Gizmo,

You are one adorable little dynamo of a doggie. I loved
    hearing about your cute antics sweetie, What a joy you must be
    to live with. Happy congratulations on being chosen for a special
    day of honor as our DOG OF THE DAY. Enjoy that snuggle time
    sweet girl.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

CONGRATULATIONS GIZMO!

Oh, I'm so sorry I missed your special day yesterday, but I hope it was a great one
    You are one special girl Giz!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

woow wee you are great and really sweet! We love a doxie at this house
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You have stolen my boys hearts. I have three Dynamo Dachshunds Dudes of my own and they wish they knew you and could play with you. I think you would wear them out! You are just alittle cutie. You need a little cape because you "fly" around like Wonder Woman. Congrats to you! My little low bellies send puppy love and doggie kisses.
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar

Another Gizmo Story

as requested (see July 19, 2003 dog of the day)....

Gizmo is not a good look-out dog.

We always suspected that Gizmo (dashund) and Kaiya (spitz mix) would "buddy up" and get into mischief together, but it has never been proven until the other night..

We just finished eating turkey leftovers, and me and my full belly are lounging on the sofa, watching my favorite must-see TV show. My hubby was upstairs on the computer. I start hearing the rattle of dog tags.

I look of to the kitchen, and I can see Gizmo's little tush, and she
    is facing the kitchen. Gizmo is still, but I hear Kaiya's tags. Gizmo
    seems very intent on watching. As I keep watching from the corner of my eye, Gizmo glances over at me every now and then to see if I am paying attention. Since she doesn't notice me looking, she goes back to watching Kaiya do whatever. She is one FOCUSED PUP!!!

So, now I really need to see what is so great that Gizmo is trying to be lookout, and Kaiya is paying me no mind.

I tiptoe over to the kitchen. DARN!!! The floorboard creaked. I
    stopped. The dogs didn't hear me! That is strange. Now I am standing beside Gizmo, both of us watching Kaiya. Gizmo finally recognizes me and "pounce, pounce, pounce" she starts ouncing all over the place, trying to alert Kaiya.

Kaiya is still focused.

I see Kaiya standing on her hind quarters, her 2 front paws on my
    kitchen counter, strained neck w/ teeth bared... trying, streching,
    working so hard to get that turkey off the counter!!! The turkey was about 1 1/2 inches away from her nose, and man, was she STRAINING to reach it.

Kaiya is so intent on this task, that she doesn't hear me walk right up behind her. Now my body is phsyically touching hers. (Kaiya's head comes up mid-chest on me when she is standing). I can feel kaiya's fur on my skin.....

.....and Kaiya STILL doesn't sense me, and tries for that turkey....

I probably should have scolded her, but it was all I could do not to
    laugh at her and Gizmo trying to be lookout, so instead, I clear my throat "AHEM!"

Kaiya freezes. Front paws still on the kitchen counter. She looks up. We are staring at each other, nose-to-nose at this point.

One paw slowly comes off the counter. But she still doesn't know if she should get down, and you can see her contemplating "do you think if I stay here, mom will just let me continue??"

Then I say "Kaiya, what do you think you are doing?" (trying my
    darndest not to laugh and talk to her in a stern voice)

And now that she realizes the jig is up, she very, very, s-l-o-w-l-y
    lets her second paw off the counter, having it rub against the front of the cabinets all the way down.

Now, I know that a "good mommy" who would not reward the little ones for such bad deeds wouldn't do this, but I appreciated the laugh so much, that both Gizmo and Kaiya got some turkey and gravy mixed in w/ their dinner!!!!

www.blenderwench.com

Proud momma of the mischevious creatures....

Kaiya the queen, Gizmo the amazing flying weiner dog, Bonnie the bird, Rabbit the fish, and Mr. Nibbles the hamster.
    Attached Images Attached Images