Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bambi Hunt

Bambi Hunt

Sometimes I really wonder about people.....

Las Vegas Groups Protest Naked 'Bambi' Hunts
    Fri Jul 18, 9:04 AM ET

By Steve Friess

LAS VEGAS (Reuters) - Outraged by a Las Vegas company that claims to offer men a chance to stalk and shoot naked women in the Nevada desert with paintball guns, women's groups and government agencies were scrambling to find a way to shut down such "Bambi" hunts.

"As soon as I found out about this, I called for an investigation," Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman said. "Las Vegas is a place where anything goes, but this crosses the line if this is real."

Real Men Outdoor Productions Inc., insists it is doing nothing illegal and only providing another variety of adult entertainment in a city celebrated for sin.

But critics, some of whom maintain that the hunts may be a hoax to drum up publicity for sales of a "Hunting for Bambi" video, say it should be shut down.

The company has a Las Vegas business license to sell a $20 video of hunters chasing nude women through the woods as a spoof on hunting videos that feature men hunting deer.

That video was staged, Real Men spokesman David Krekelberg said, but it gave rise to the idea of hosting hunts with paintball guns and charging men $10,000 for such weekend tours.

Krekelberg said the company has so far hosted 18 "Bambi" hunts in undisclosed locations around Las Vegas. In each, a hunter faces off with two women dressed in nothing but sneakers, each of whom receive $1,000 and can earn up to $2,500 if they make it through the hour without being struck by the paintball, he said.

But Jodi Tyson, director of the Nevada Coalition Against Sexual Violence called the "Bambi" hunts offensive, dangerous and exploitative.

The world's largest paintball products maker, Brass Eagle Inc, has also protested the hunts.

The U.S. Bureau of Land Management (news - web sites) is also looking into speculation that the hunts have taken place without permits on public property. About 90 percent of Nevada is owned by the federal government.

"In our patrol of the lands, if they're out there without a permit and we find them, we would cite them," BLM spokeswoman Jo Simpson said.

Krekelberg denied that any of the hunts had occurred on federal property, saying only that they occur on private estates in southern Nevada. He refused to say where out of fear of sabotage, noting that "there are nuts out there who would come in and throw a wrench in there."

He also asserted the women were not being mistreated, noting that they can wear goggles and helmets for protection if they wish.
    ~Kat

two women dressed in nothing but sneakers, each of whom receive $1,000 and can earn up to $2,500 if they make it through the hour without being struck by the paintball
    I can honestly say that I would do it if I would make that much money in 1 hour. I don't even make that much in a month!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    I can honestly say that I would do it if I would make that much money in 1 hour. I don't even make that much in a month!
    lolololol

But have you ever been hit by a paintball??? They HURT!!
    ~Kat

LOL have you ever been bit or scratched by a cat. That hurts too, yet I still let it happen
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

LOL have you ever been bit or scratched by a cat. That hurts too, yet I still let it happen
    ROFL

Good point.
    ~Kat

I would rather die than do that for a million dollars. My self dignity is more important than money.

I have no self dignity--I would do it!!!!!

Only in Vegas....
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Wow...this...is.....interesting.
    If you're listening to this song
    You may think the chords are going wrong
    But they're not
    We just wrote it like that

When you're listening late at night
    You may think the band are not quite right
    But they are, they just play it like that

It doesn't really matter what chords I play
    What words I say or time of day it is
    As it's only a Northern song

It doesn't really matter what clothes I wear
    Or how I fare or if my hair is brown
    When it's only a Northern song

If you think the harmony
    Is a little dark and out of key
    You're correct, there's nobody there

And I told you there's no one there

~The Beatles

Originally posted by lovemyshiba

I have no self dignity--I would do it!!!!!

Only in Vegas....

lolololol

This is very intresting.....

wow...the only thing that scares me out of it is the paintballs...those suckers HURT! 1,000? That's alot of money. Heck, with that money I can by the best paintball gun and shoot them back.

As reported on the news, these "harmless" paint balls can travel up to 100 mph., or faster. They just don't cause discomfort, they can cause severe, bleeding injuries. When "men" play this harmless game with each other, they are dressed in full, protective gear. Here, after "Bambi" is successfully stalked and "hit," she is mounted in the same manner as in a wild animal "kill" and are free to negotiate with the men for a sexual encounter. These women are free to do what they choose for a "buck," yes. A "lot" of money?? Perhaps. But sadly, and not surprisingly, the women get only 10% of the fee charged ($10,000.00) and the real money is made later, by the videos that are made of the "hunt" and then sold over the internet with no "royalties" going to the women. Women throughout history have been viewed as mere sexual objects, to be sold for (and have sold themselves) the gratification of men. That is sad commentary enough. But what is more disturbing than that is the fact that a " harmless game" such as this advances the concept/perception of women as weak and defenseless; trophies to be hunted. The images I saw on TV of these "macho" men in camo gear, stalking and then pointing a "gun" at naked, defenseless women, sickens me. Just as is the case in the hunting of wild animals, the human is armed to the hilt; the prey defenseless. There's enough sexual violence perpetrated upon women as it is. I think these women do themselves and us all, a great diservice at further promoting the perception of women as something to be stalked and subjugated. What a sick, negative example to set for young, adolescent and teenage boys. Scary stuff, in my opinion. Until women start thinking more of themselves, men won't! I have no problem with men glorifying the beauty of a woman's body, or women enjoying the image of an attractive guy. It's the aspects of violence and subjugation that disturb me. How about a bunch of naked, cowering, sneaker clad macho men, scampering about in the woods, cowering behind trees, while armed women hunt and mount them as trophies??? Hard to picture, isn't it??
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 07-21-2003 at 01:36 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    These women are free to do what they choose for a "buck," yes.

How about a bunch of naked, cowering, sneaker clad macho men, scampering about
    in the woods, covering behind trees, while armed women hunt and mount them???

i think you missed the point.

the bambi hunt is just a bunch of does trying to make dough.

naked men hunted and mounted???

not even gonna touch THAT one!!!!

lol
    Last edited by RICHARD; 07-21-2003 at 02:12 PM.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I need an editor!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

You know.....I'd do it...

It is, after all, a bunch of consenting people doing something they want to do. Yes I've been hit by paintballs, but I've also been hit by airsoft pellets, and I'll take the paintball any day!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

think of the sunscreen

These are not the droids you were looking for