Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursdays-11

Thursdays-11

Darn, we didn't get the bar open in time for our Aussie and Kiwi members. Sorry about that.

I think I'd like something with gin in it. I haven't had gin in a long time - its another beautiful day here. My brother who is visiting from the Fort Worth area is very happy to be up here this week instead of back home in hot as h**l Texas.

These are not the droids you were looking for

So here I am standing in line for the bar to open.....

Didn't sleep much last night so I need an icy cold Frap to wake me up. Another sunny day here and it's supposed to hit 30 by Saturday. Good weather for the dog wash.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Richard, sorry that I cannot make it today. I am looking forward to Saturday though!

Is it thursday to day or wednesday?? Wow who's having a memory lose.

Congrats on the 900 Catland!

The heat fried my brain. I completely forgot it was Thursday!!! I'd like something tall, icy, and sweet, and non-alcholic please. Oh, and iced catnip tea for the cat boys, please. They need a break from the heat too.

Muhwhaha Indeed it is thursday!! Do we carry Pineapple juice here?? Because that sounds really good.
    Last edited by iceyshiver21; 07-17-2003 at 04:45 PM.

lol,
    it was so fricking hot last night i slept about 4 hours and came to work one hour late when i overslept...

ladies, thank you for waiting.....

Gin Buck

1 1/4 oz. Gin, Ginger Ale

Serve over ice in Highball glass, Garnish with Lemon wedge

pineapples, fraps and catnip tea.....

a pineapple w/ginger ale over ice??

DONE!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    lol,
    it was so fricking hot last night i slept about 4 hours and came to work one hour late when i overslept...
    I know the feeling. It's happened to me as well. You finally get to sleep around 5am and the next thing you know it's 8am. That Frap is going down smooth. Thanks. Here's a toast to all of you going to the BBQ. Have a cold one for me.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

I leave on holiday tomorrow. How about something... festive? Richard, you choose.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Since it's so hot, I think I'll stay away from alcohol this week and I'll have a Boston Cooler.....it's a ginger ale shake! YUM!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

thanks Ice - now I'm at 901 - just 99 to go to Pillarhood.

Richard I hope you are a little cooler today - I was about to open the bar on my own but I couldn't find the keys to the front door.

The Gin Buck is everything you promised.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Its good to know I'm not the only one suffing from heat and humidity....I thought minnesota was soppose to be cold..would this be the time that I say I have a air conditioner....

Its in its box, in the gaurge, were it sat for 3 years

Originally posted by iceyshiver21
    Its good to know I'm not the only one suffing from heat and humidity....I thought minnesota was soppose to be cold..would this be the time that I say I have a air conditioner....

Its in its box, in the gaurge, were it sat for 3 years
    I thought we had the market cornered on heat and humitity in Kansas. Heat index to 115 today. Tomorrow is to be cooler - only a heat index of 110!
    No ac for me either. I wouldn't use it anyway, it makes my arthritis worse. I have plenty of water and fans though!

Richard I need another round of pineapple juice and ginger ale over crushed ice, please. The boys are sleeping off their iced catnip tea so they don't need another round right now.

Almost lunch time here now. As my Dad would say "the sun's over the yard arm". Time to get into the spirit of the day.
    I'm in the mood for something different. Make it one of them there drinks you have in the tropics with the pineapple, coconut and rum with the little umbrella on top......

Anyone here play the steel drums??? Feels like a Marley moment.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Hi everyone,

Well for once Maryland isn't totally miserable with heat and humidity!! I can understand the pain of it, but I have also learned the "joys" of central A/C. (I never needed it before I moved here.)

I think that the guys (and one gal) in my little pride could use some iced catnip tea this week. Bigodeano, Gay, Tanner, and Emily all need to chill out a little bit

For myself I think that a Long Island Iced tea would go down really nicely right about now. Since Monday I have had 5 job interviews (4 with the same company). That begins to wear a person out after awhile, even if it does look like there is potential there.