Thread: Our weekend vacation.

Our weekend vacation.

Hi everyone,

This is Hayley. My mommy let me on the computer today to tell you all about our trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house this weekend. On friday when my mommy got home from work she has a great big carrier. It seemed big enough for about six or seven cats. I investigated right away. Then mommy and daddy started packing clothes and things. I was very surprised. I usually know when they are going on a trip and this time I had no idea. When everything was packed I noticed mommy had put a small litter pan in the back of that giant carrier and some blankets. Then I knew my little sister Mandy and I were going as well. The litter box in the carrier was for Mandy, I knew that because Mandy gets sick in the car. She got sick going out to Grandpa's on friday. When we got to Grandpa and Grandma's they were waiting for us with lots of treats. Grandpa keeps telling us were are very very cute kitties. I think Grandma is still a little afraid of Mandy. Mommy says Mandy is too active for her. We had a great time. Grandpa has lots of bird houses and bird feeders in his back yard. He made a place by the window so Mandy and I could watch them. He also has a new pond and waterfall. The birds love to bath there. Grandma's house is very interesting. There are lots of places to investigate. Two days were not enough to go through the whole house like I wanted to. Grandpa says we can go to his house again soon. On sunday when we were ready to leave daddy had to put the air conditioning on in the car for a few minutes befor we got in because it was really really hot. Mandy got sick on the way in as well. She didn't cry as much though, which was good because I was able to get a great nap. Mommy says the next time we will go will probably be in christmas. I hope we get to go befor that. I think we could go more often if Mandy didn't get car sick.

Hayley
    Last edited by HayleyRosie; 07-14-2003 at 09:22 AM.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

This was a big adventure Hayley wasn't it? We are sorry that Mandy got sick but I hope the two of you had lots of fun when watching live birds

And I am sure Christmas will be even more fun

Well, everybody gets carsick at one time or another. Might I suggest the feline equivalent of saltine crackers?

What fun though that you two get to travel. Better than staying home right?

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Well, everybody gets carsick at one time or another. Might I suggest the feline equivalent of saltine crackers?
    What would be the feline equivalent of saltine srackers? This has really got me thinking.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

-Robert Southey

Sounds like you and the kitties had a wonderful trip! I suspect I will be going home within a couple weeks - with the two cats, and thats not easy when you have to get a ride in somebody else's car! =/

Hayley, I guess you can't wait for your next trip

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, Hayley! I'm sorry Mandy got sick, but at least your mommy was prepared for it. And wasn't it fun visiting Grandma and Grandpa? I bet it was much better than staying home alone.

Tubby used to go with me to visit my mom all the time when I lived closer. Then it was 1/2 hour ride and he loved it. Now it's a 3 hour ride and I don't even want to attempt it again after the trip bringing him down here.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

The ride to my parents house is about 1 hour and 15 min. I have never left Hayley and Mandy home alone but this weekend I have to go home for a wedding and I am going to leave them home. I will only be gone for one night so I think they will be okay.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

-Robert Southey

I'm sure they will be ok for one night. T & P used to be home...well, not all the time...but quite often on the weekends once I moved to Chicago and went home to visit my parents. I would usually leave Friday night after work, so they were alone two nights, and they were just fine. Every now and then I'd come home to pillows from the couch on the floor, or plants knocked over, or other evidence of the general chaos that must have occured over the weekend, but the kitties were just fine - and real happy to see me.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

heh .. when I go home with the cats soon we have to drive over 4 hours .. they'd better hold it in! lol

Dear Hayley,
    I'm so glad that you had fun this weekend on your trip. Wish I could have been with you to watch the birds.
    Sorry to hear that Mandy got sick in the car.
    With love,
    Tama
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Originally posted by ScantyNebula
    heh .. when I go home with the cats soon we have to drive over 4 hours .. they'd better hold it in! lol
    I'm sure that Lily will do fine seeing she had a 12 hour plane ride. Did Toby ever go home with you?
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

-Robert Southey