Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes a cat happy ?

What makes a cat happy ?

Myy Ragdoll kitty is born(I'm getting him in six weeks, yaaaa ) !!!!

What can I do to be a good cat owner ? What makes a cat happy?

Thanx

Future owner of a Ragdoll (I can't wait 'til August 21th!)

true love from their daddy and mommy is what will make them happy and they will make you happy in return..i promise

dave

I hate to sound like a "crazy cat lady", but if your new kitty will be home alone, another kitty (especially kitten) would be so great for the happiness of your cat.

Aside from that...

*Lots of gentle love and attention (constantly)

*Good food, so she's healthy and pain free

*Lots of stimulating toys (ours LOVE those small, fake mice, feather sticks, laser pointers, etc.)

*Fresh water, changed every day (Our cats drink much more with their kitty fountain...it seems to entertain them as well)

*A few places to hide (like cat beds that are covered, under a bed, etc)

*A place to scratch....cat tree, cardboard scratchers, etc.

*Clean litterbox

*Lots of playtime with you

*A place where she feels safe...away from loud noises, dogs, children.

*Lots of love

*Lots of love

*Lots of love AND understanding. (Cats need to be trained and respected)

Hope that helps. If you ever have any questions once you get your sweetie, this is a GREAT place to come.

Congrats on your new little one. Do you have a name picked out yet?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

NoahsMommy,

Thank you for your answer. I've printed it

I am nervous because this is my first cat. I'll probably come here very often to discuss about my kitty

I have not chose a name yet. When I get pictures of my kitty I'll post them here and you will be able to give me ideas.

Have a nice day

Future owner of a Ragdoll (I can't wait 'til August 21th!)

Love and Attention! Interactive Cat Toys! A nice bed to sleep on! Not shouting! Peace and Quiet! And Yunmmy Cat Food with an occasinal treat, as the sign said in front of kittens awaitng adoption: Do it yourselt Cat Kit : Just add food and LOVE!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by catmandu
    .......as the sign said in front of kittens awaitng adoption: Do it yourselt Cat Kit : Just add food and LOVE!
    So sweet and so true.

Just love him and he'll have you wrapped around your finger in no time.

PS. It might be an idea to get another Ragdoll or moggie kitten to keep the first one company

If you can talk to his current owners, ask them to pick him up and hold him each and every day. I did that with the litter that we had and they all became very friendly, loving kitties. (I always washed my hands before I did this)

This teaches him right away that humans can be trusted and he will love you forever.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Lots of love from mommy and daddy, plently of food, water, catnip and treat and I nice warm bed to sleep in.

Blog Entries

CATgrats

The answer is: love, love, and respect, caring, good food, play time, and kitten's very own space ['cause sometimes we just need our own space!]

mew, meow, the answer: love -- attention -- protection -- respect.

Don't let your kitty go outside. Indoor cats live safer & longer. Have your kitty neutered or spayed. Do not declaw (claws are a defense tool). Innoculate your kitten against cat illnesses, have the kitten dewormed, and checked regularly by a vet. Mew, did I mention LOVE?

My KatMa says you are SOOOOO lucky! A new baby... so, so lucky. Post pictures so we can all meet your BABY KITTEN.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

What everyone said. May I suggest that you wait until he's 9 weeks old? Even though they are weaned at 6, they're awfully tiny and fragile, and may get sick from "transplant shock" (going into a different home, different germs, etc.)

Good luck and welcome!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Yes, what everyone has said!

And I agree with what smokey the elder has said: 6 weeks are way too young for a kitten to be taken away from her mom and littermates. They're not done with learning all their social skills at that point and still need their mommy's care. It's better to wait 9 - 12 weeks, even though it's hard to wait! I know of what I'm speaking, I'm going through the same neverending waiting-process at the moment!

Kirsten

I want to echo Smokey and Kirstin....6 weeks really is too young. Momma cats teach manners, give extra nutrients, etc., to kitties. I think you should suggest, encourage, offer to pay room and board, whatever, to keep this kitty with momma as long as you can. It does make a difference.

As to the what makes a cat happy? The same thing that makes a human baby happy. Love, security, respect, discipline, etc. I really encourage you make a safe place for the kitty. Too often, we are so in love with them we forget they need 'down' time, time where they can relax, and de stress.

Good luck!

I could tell that you're going to be a very good mom to your new kitten
    What makes a cat happy......lots of love and attention. Toys, kittens LOVE toys. Blueberry's favourites are little balls, and those toys on a string.
    Oh yeah, and treats! But don't give your new kitten treats right away, you should wait until she's older.
    Good Luck!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

At 12 weeks a kitten is ready to conquer new territory even though he will miss his mom and litter mates.

Pick a simple name. Don't get carried away with it. A single-sylabel name is the easiest for your cat to quickly learn. And you can never give your cat too much attention but the more given at a young age sets the stage for a well-adjusted, confident affectionate adult.

Deal with whatever annoys you about your cat's behavior with gentleness. Up on the counter where he's not supposed to be? Guide (don't push!) him off. You'll have to repeat this a number of times but he'll learn.

My cat likes to crash his face into mine but learned I need to take my glasses off first (minimize nose prints...) so he nudges my cheek and waits for me to get ready. Then... purring and rubbing.

The worst part about having a pet is that they never live as long as we want them to.
    Randy

Originally posted by Randy_K

My cat likes to crash his face into mine but learned I need to take my glasses off first (minimize nose prints...) so he nudges my cheek and waits for me to get ready. Then... purring and rubbing.

That made me smile! Does he wait until you move the full cup of coffee out of the way, too?