Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James is here!

*bump*

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)

Sounds like Bailey is a pee monster!!!
    I'm sorry I can't help you out, this is a problem I've never dealt with. Before Kito was neutered, he went as far as actually peeing ON my mother in laws pom, Cody, because he was in Kito's territory, but I didn't know females did the same thing.

I hope someone here has some more advice for you.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I'm so sorry that you are having some problems. I know how frustrating it is (and exhausting ) - again patience is it's own reward.

Since Leo and Penny got it to their fight, I have been doing a great deal of research on two dog dynamics and learning a great deal. As far as Bailey's peeing, I think it is definitely an attention getting device - makes no difference that you are giving him just as much attention - he wants it all!!! So ignore the peeing (clean it up of course ) but ignore it. Make sure both dogs work for everything - treats, pets, dinner, etc. Remember - YOU RULE THE ROOST. Make them sit before you feed them dinner, go out side, give a treat, give a pet.

Here is an article that I found helpful.

http://www.metrokc.gov/lars/animal/E.../dog/dog25.htm

I also found a great deal of help on the message board on Greatpets.com. If you go into the Dog problems board a great many well recognized trainers including Sarah Wilson herself post there. They provide excellent and no nonsense advice.

http://ubb.greatpets.com/6/ubb.x

Good Luck - and again PATIENCE

Day 3....Looking better

It seems to be looking a little better. James is now venturing into the rooms he wasn't going in before....bathroom, kitchen, den, and computer room.

Bailey only had that pee session in the morning and one during the evening. Everything else she did outside.

Brian is really working on getting James used to him. James will now take treats from Brian (only if it is Pup-Peroni) and he actually sat on the couch last night and let Brian pet him.

James is also starting to let Bailey know when she is being obnoxious....he'll snap at her, but he has yet to actually get skin. It's just enough to let Bailey know and she jumps away.

Now she's starting to eat out of his bowl. If James doesn't eat all of his food, she will finish it for him. We kind of laughed and said "Well, Bailey's thinking....if peeing on him doesn't work on getting him out of my house, I'll starve him by eating all his food..." Silly girl

Thanks for the advice and support everybody, I really appreciate it.

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)

oh thats good news to here!

Ok, Maybe I spoke too soon....

I think I spoke too soon....Bailey was in RARE form this morning with my husband.

Bailey was trying to play with James, he just kept laying there. She peed almost on him, then my husband ran over to clean up the mess. While he was cleaning up the first pee, she ran over and peed in front of James' crate. Then while my husband was cleaning that, she did a huge dump on a shopping bag in the bedroom.

Then she ran into the den and peed on the rug next to the front door. All of this after she had already been let outside and did a #1 and #2.

The only reason I knew anything was wrong was because when I came home at lunch to let the dogs out, the apartment reeked of a combination of Clorox wipes, Pinesol, Febreze, and Nature's Miracle Odor Spray.

oh my god, this is gonna be a long week.....