Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your cat back-chat you?

Does your cat back-chat you?

Do your cats "answer back" when they get moaned at?

This is what happens in our house:

Ally does something nawtee

My hubby sez to her "NAWTEE KAT"

She opens her mouth, screws up her face and says "ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK"

(Don't know how to describe the noise - sounds like the noises monkeys make when you walk past their cage at the zoo!)

She only does it to Daddeeee, not to me, and only when she gets moaned at - but it's so cute!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Yeah, nawteeTigris does that all the time. He stares at you. lifts his chin shortly and gives you a rather aggressive maaaoww! He's a rebellious boy

Ah yes , sounds familiar. Maya will glare back at you and give an annoyed meowl if you dare suggest her behaviour is nawtee. No wonder her and Tigris are such a good match. (Barabara are they calling each other "du " since the closet adventure. Does this mean what I think !! No point suggesting she was nawtee eh !) I wonder why Aly doesn't do this to you ? Maybe you are not the disciplinarian in the house.

Our Ginger talks back. When we scold her and say, "GinGER", she will say, "Myah, Myah" (Translation: Who, me??).

Snowy sasses Mama back all the time.

My cats talk all the time , being as 7 are a form of Siamese Cat. But I dont know if it is back talking or they are trying to inform me , or tell me that the dish is getting a little low!But I talk right back and we have a great time! All the TIME!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh definitely. Sometimes when clive comes in he will have all kinds of stories to tell (apparently amazing things happen on the back porch) and I will say: Clive, I dont understand, what did you say? And he will respond again.
    Then try to get me to do something, (by herding me) and if I go the wrong way he yells, and I say "what?!" again, and he yells some more.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Chester not only sasses me, he tattles on the others. He'll come running to me: Meow! Meow! Meeeeooowwww! Which means: Wait until you see what Luke/Leonardo did (or is doing)!

He is so unrepentant that if I shake my finger at him, while explaining for the 1,000,000,000th time I don't want him to do something, he'll sniff my finger like: 'Ok, I see that thing you are shaking in my face! Now what?'

Inka ALWAYS answers!! In fact, she always wants to have "the last word" ! Sometimes it is handy: she loves to hide, but when we call out her name, she just cannot resist to answer with a short and cute "MOW !!"

Oh I've mentioned this before about my Katie girl. SHE NEVER SHUTS-UP, except for when she is sleeping.
    Meows, meows, meows, when I get up in the morn, meows when I'm on the toilet, meows when I trip over her (like it's my fault when she walks right in front of me.) Meows when I get home from work, meows when everybody goes to bed and the lights go out. Meows when I am out of her sight. Talks back to me when I reprimand her for something. Like I said, she never shuts-up, But I love my Katie girl so it doesn't bother me..............MUCH.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Sara never shuts up lol. If I meow (I'm pretty good at it ) she will meow back. And if I stop, she won't lol. If I talk to her, she'll meow. If I do anything, she will most likely meow.
    I've been BOO'd!

Sunny is my noisy boy. When I catch him doing something naughty he'll meow back at me or sass me. I think it's because he's half aby and they're known to be quite talkative.

A typical Bastet sass:

Me: Naughty

Bastet: Sits down, lashes tail, looks at me, and howls

Me: You are not allowed

Bastet: Gets up, turns around (so bottom is facing you) tail shivers, she faces you from over her shoulder and meows back then walks off.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Yes, sometimes Luna would answer. She often sounds like a little monkey, too.

Kirsten

Katiebug and Brianna both are very vocal in almot all aspects. But Brianna is the only one to sass back when she is scolded. She does a lot of rowling and it often sounds like she is saying NO real sharp. Katiebug just looks at me...lashes her tail and few times and then takes off bounding..not running but bounding along like it is all just one big game. Kaliban makes little mewing sounds but mostly just ignores me. Deirdre will turn her back, quiver the tail and makes a snort that is sooo obviously disgust at me. *L*