Thread: i need answers please

i need answers please

first of all i would like to say hello to everybody
    i got a 6 week old baby Chihuahua back in dec of 2002
    she was 8 months olf july 9 and monday i monday i come home from work and she looked a little down about something as if she had a hard day playing i called the vet and couldn`t get in her till fri ( today ) and she stoped eating for me she had starting throwing up bad and from the other end too by wed. morning she was to the point to where she didn`t want to move anymore she was looking at me for help and i was feeding her though a neddle thing i had got at the drug store for kids and she still would turn away from me wed night she starting making sounds like she couldn`t get any air i called the vet again still no help fri morning i called to check on her and she passed away it has hurt the family so much so she was our baby its only been one day but i miss her sleeping with me waking me up to go outside at night i do my best but i have to have some answers on what may of happen to her i went to other vet today and talked to them and they said it sounded like she may of had parvo( think it is spelled right ) but she had her all her shots everyday is so hard knowing she isn`t going to be here when i wake up and her give me my kiss if somebody can help me on what happen to my baby it would mean so much i didn`t want her in pain ( whice she was in alot of pain ) but i just have to have some kind of answers

I am sorry about your loss. Parvo is very hard on dogs, harder on smaller breeds.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

I am sorry to hear about you baby.
    I guess the only way to know for sure,
    if your vet would have done a necropsy.
    I am surprised your vet would not
    take your puppy in right away as an emergency.
    I am so very sorry about your loss.

----<---<--<{(@

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Parvo is horrible. Even if your puppy survived Parvo, alot of dogs, especially small dogs are never the same again. They often have health problems for the rest of their lives because of it. My Rosco had his first couple rounds of shots and then caught parvo. He made it through it, but had many health and behavioral problems after the fact. I've talked to a few other people that say the same about their Parvo dogs.

So sorry about your loss :(

Parvo was the first thing I thought of when I first started reading your post.
    Our Angus had it when he was a puppy and got very, very sick. We thought we were going to loose him. But our big guy pulled though. He's had his bout with being sickly, but now is a healthy 12 yr old 106# rottie boy
    I wish your pup had been able to pull through it too. What a sad way to go.

The people here at PT are very kind and loving, if you need to talk we are here.
    Welcome to our wonderful community.
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm so sorry to hear about your pup.
    You have come to the right place though, everyone here is more than willing to listen, and help you through your grief.

Welcome to Pet Talk.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I am so sorry you lost your pup. It is never fair. If it is Parvo you must wait for some time before getting another dog. It takes many months for the Parvo virus to be cleared from the home. Check with your vet before you get another puppy please.

Denyce

we talked with the vet first about getting a new puppy and they said it wasn`t safe for a new one so we got a baby hamster and his name is chiper i still miss cassie so much it isn`t the same around here i thank each and every one of you for your kind words i hope and pray to god you all have the best with your pets and they all have good life later on i`ll get a picture of cassie on here as a puppy but right now its to hard to even look at them cassie will always be my baby in my heart and my best friend

Dear Danielle. I can't tell you how very sorry I am to hear of the loss of your beautiful Cassie. A loss such as yours is devastating and I wish I had the words to comfort you I'm not too familiar with all of the details regarding parvo, especially regarding when bringing another pup into the home is "safe." But I know of others who have suffered a loss such as yours and then gone on to welcome another doggie into their home and hearts. Perhaps you can speak to the vet about when a safe time would be to get another doggie?? In the meantime, I hope your precious little hammie will give you some comfort during your time of great grief. You are not alone. We are here to listen and to lean on. Rest in peace, dear little Cassie. During your too short lifetime, you were very loved. And one day, you and your Mommy WILL be together again. Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Yes, my vet told me parvo sticks around for 7 years. Even in the sun. He said you have to bleach everything if you want it to go away.

I'm so sorry for your sudden and tragic loss.

ohhh i am so sorry to hear about your loss feel free to come and talk anytime you feel the need.

and welcome to pet talk
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

How devastating. I am so sorry for your great loss of Cassie. Sending you and your family hugs.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

My moms friends dog had Parvo and we thought he wasn't going to make it. But he even suprised the vet by jumping around after the treatment. We were so happy but he was kidnapped the day after he came home... we still miss him im sorry for u