Thread: It's Been A Good Night!

It's Been A Good Night!

It's been a great day. Well, hideous at work, but it got better once I got home.

My best friend just got a job at one of the local schools where I live, so she'll be moving here from GA. We walked a few blocks away from my apartment and went to a Thai restaraunt to celebrate.

On the way back, we saw a beautiful rottweiler mix puppy about 4 months old. As soon as he saw me, I whistled to him and he came right up and gave me kisses. He was all by himself. Well, thankfully, he had a collar on with all the info. We called and a lady told us it was her "grandog" and her son lived two streets over from where we were. I picked up "Jed" (name on the collar) and we set off for the house. Jed just laid his sweet face right on my shoulder.

We finally got up to the house and his owner was ecstatic! Apparently, he didn't know there was a hole in his fence and Jed had wriggled out. He thanked us profusely and wanted to give us money, but we wouldn't take it. We were just happy Jed got home safe.

It was a good way to end our day, although Jed was such a cutie pie, I wouldn't have minded holding him a little longer.

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)

You did a good thing finding his home. Hopefully his fence will get fixed, and he won't get lost again.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

What a nice evening! Bet that fence gets patched ASAP! Nothing is a wiggly as a puppy! Thanks go to you!

Awwww!! It does feel good returning them to their owners doesn't it?? I hope the fence gets fixed soon--he could get into trouble!!
    As for your friend moving there--congrats!! Sounds like you will be lucky to have a wonderful friend living close by!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

What a happy ending!! The family must have been frantic! Isn't it a great feeling to know you helped save a puppy from a possibly tragic end! Hope that fence gets fixed asap!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Actually, they weren't frantic because they didn't know he was gone. Apparently, they had just let him outside to play in the backyard by himself. He must have gone straight to the hole and got out.

I think he was probably "lost" for all of 10 minutes. (and only about 1 block away from home)

But yes I do agree, it did feel good to take him home and that it all turned out ok.

Hehehe...it was funny, as we were walking away, my husband looked at me and said, You know, if that puppy didn't have any tags on, I know you....he would've gone straight home with us tonite. Of course he would have!

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)