Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hamster babies

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    she also said that she saw heavily pregnant hamsters in the cage!! you would think that all of the fermales would be pregnant as well. INLESS infertile! .. It is good she only wanted ONE hamster, but she should have thought about babies when she saw the pregant hamsters. . Which I dont think she did. I dont know about hamsterlover but I fully researched befor I got ANY of my pets even my hamsters. She should have read up on breeding and hamster babies and gestation periods.

here is the quote about the heavily pregnant hammies and how she thinks hers might have been pregnant.
    Everyone makes mistakes....(even you...I recall. But I wont go into that) They came here to try and find the best thing to do with these lil hammies that have suprisingly popped into life. Now they are seeking help..I dont know nothing about hamsters, but I have rats. I know nothing about raising little hammies, therfore Im usless at this thread. We are here to Educate!! Think about it people!

she also said that she saw heavily pregnant hamsters in the cage!! you would think that all of the fermales would be pregnant as well. INLESS infertile! .. It is good she only wanted ONE hamster, but she should have thought about babies when she saw the pregant hamsters. . Which I dont think she did. I dont know about hamsterlover but I fully researched befor I got ANY of my pets even my hamsters. She should have read up on breeding and hamster babies and gestation periods.

here is the quote about the heavily pregnant hammies and how she thinks hers might have been pregnant.
    As i recall, you have made a few mistakes in the past as well. Whats done is done. She was asking for our help.

Originally posted by iceyshiver21
    Everyone makes mistakes....(even you...I recall. But I wont go into that) They came here to try and find the best thing to do with these lil hammies that have suprisingly popped into life. Now they are seeking help..I dont know nothing about hamsters, but I have rats. I know nothing about raising little hammies, therfore Im usless at this thread. We are here to Educate!! Think about it people!
    and I am telling her that the best thing to do is find homes for all the hamsters by placing adds in the news paper and NOT taking them back to the pet store where they might imbreed ect..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Re:

Thank you, GoldenRetriver for jumping to my defense. And Tykesmom, screw you. For a future vet tech, you're pretty stupid....please tell us what vet you're going to be working for (if you ever get to that point...it's pretty obvious you can't even spell, so I'm wondering if you can even get through vet school) so we can make sure to steer clear!

I told you about a million times that it's not a Syrian, it's a Teddy Bear. BIG difference. In fact, I even posted a picture of one that looks like mine, and you would have seen it if you had been paying attention instead of jumping to the defensive when I mentioned a pet store. I've been assured the pet store will separate them....I'm going to take the whole cage in when they're done nursing and let them separate them, just so I know it's done right. I thank you for your concern, Tykes, but all I wanted to know was whether I needed to feed her vitamins, not to have my actions judged. And whether you admit it or not, that's what you're doing. So don't do it unless you're prepared to be judged right back.

Thank you all for your comments...I believe I have my question answered.

Re:

Thank you, Icyshiver, as well for your help. Yes, I came here for advice on what to do with these little buggers now that they've popped into my life, not to get into a flaming war about something I haven't even done yet.

For the record, I had a *suspicion* that she was pregnant, but no one knew for sure....you know as well as I do, Tykes, that it's impossible to tell until you see them nesting. Her teats weren't showing and she wasn't swollen, so I figured the chances were 50/50. And as Icy pointed out, we all make mistakes. I just don't appreciate being judged when I came here for help. I feel like Dorothy, when all she wanted was to get herself home and her friends what they wanted, and they were yelled at by 'Oz'. Oh well.

Thanks everyone.

Re: Re:

Originally posted by hamsterlover
    Thank you, GoldenRetriver for jumping to my defense. And Tykesmom, screw you. For a future vet tech, you're pretty stupid....please tell us what vet you're going to be working for (if you ever get to that point...it's pretty obvious you can't even spell, so I'm wondering if you can even get through vet school) so we can make sure to steer clear!

I told you about a million times that it's not a Syrian, it's a Teddy Bear. BIG difference. In fact, I even posted a picture of one that looks like mine, and you would have seen it if you had been paying attention instead of jumping to the defensive when I mentioned a pet store. I've been assured the pet store will separate them....I'm going to take the whole cage in when they're done nursing and let them separate them, just so I know it's done right. I thank you for your concern, Tykes, but all I wanted to know was whether I needed to feed her vitamins, not to have my actions judged. And whether you admit it or not, that's what you're doing. So don't do it unless you're prepared to be judged right back.

Thank you all for your comments...I believe I have my question answered.
    name one thing that I have posted that was stupid?? huh? sounds to me like you are jumping to conclusions! a Teddybear hamster is infact a syrian hamster!!!!! look it up!!!! grr, that makes me mad because your a total hipocrate!!!a teddy bear hamster, along with a black bear hamster, and panda bear hamsters are
    ALLL syrian hamsters, OK. pet stores just give them neat names to make more many, but infact they are all the same breed except one has longer hair or is a different color. .. I dont care what you think of me. I am not judging you, I am telling you what is best for your hamsters!!just like you asked!! you just took it the wronge way !!! ughh!!.

Re:

Tykes, I apologize for calling you stupid...that was uncalled for. I just felt I wasn't being listened to....

Still, it was out of line and I'm sorry.

and I am telling her that the best thing to do is find homes for all the hamsters by placing adds in the news paper and NOT taking them back to the pet store where they might imbreed ect..
    Not all pet stores are bad...maybe you should put enough trust in people, stranger or not, to make the right choices. They must care enough to take the time to search for a place to find help at...again like I said...think about it!

Thank you, Icyshiver, as well for your help. Yes, I came here for advice on what to do with these little buggers now that they've popped into my life, not to get into a flaming war about something I haven't even done yet.

For the record, I had a *suspicion* that she was pregnant, but no one knew for sure....you know as well as I do, Tykes, that it's impossible to tell until you see them nesting. Her teats weren't showing and she wasn't swollen, so I figured the chances were 50/50. And as Icy pointed out, we all make mistakes. I just don't appreciate being judged when I came here for help. I feel like Dorothy, when all she wanted was to get herself home and her friends what they wanted, and they were yelled at by 'Oz'. Oh well.

Thanks everyone.
    dorothy??? lol sorry but ok...

I know nothing about hamsters...but I just wanted to wish you luck in raising the little ones until you bring them to the pet store.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Tykes, I apologize for calling you stupid...that was uncalled for. I just felt I wasn't being listened to....

Still, it was out of line and I'm sorry.
    thanks for appoligizing! but I still am kinda gashed at the fact you insulted my spelling, I am only 16 years old and I have dislexia. I hate it when ppl say i am stupid or I suck at spelling.

I feel like I am not being listened to either. and I hate that. I hope you read this post over and go to the hamsterific site i suggested. and please I wasnt judging you, I feel it isnt nessisary to take them back to the pet store that sold them to you, JMHO.

Yup, i agree, not all pet stores are bad. When my mouse had babies (long story) i put out an ad for them and some were adoped out. The rest I gave to a pet store. The pet store informed me if they would get adopted and they would inform me when they get adopted. Sure enough, they were all adopted. So, basically, not all pet stores are bad. (sorry if that was confusing, lol)

Do you have any pics of your hammies?? I would like to see some...silly me I forgot to welcome you to Pettalk!! I'm owned by a zoo...6 dogs, 10 cats, 2 horses, two bun bund and a ratty again welcome to pettalk...ever need any help let me know.

Re:

Again, I apologize.

This is only my second hamster, so I admit I don't know much, but from what I've read online, a Syrian is small and has a stripe down its back (usually, unless it's white or solid color)...but they have a particular look to them...I can see how a bear could also be a type of Syrian, but a Teddy Bear? They're three times the size and don't even look remotely similar. I've been reading online ever since I bought the hamster and haven't read anything that says a Teddy is a member of the Syrian family.

You're right, I didn't research. But as Icy pointed out, we all make mistakes. Mine was getting another one in the first place without researching it, just to replace the one who had died because I had food and a cage. It was impulsive and I should have researched more thoroughly, I agree, but I didn't know what kind I was getting until I was at the store.

Anyway, we all make mistakes. I've learned from mine. I will do all I can to make sure these little guys are safe and taken care of in the pet store before they're adoped out. I would place an ad, but I just can't keep them with my job and family responsibilities. I bought one hamster for my son, but there's just not room for nine (or however many she had...guess I'll find out soon). So the only thing I can do is trust the pet store to do all they can, and I do. They have them in a secure room under lock and key so no kids can go rummaging around in the cages, and I'm going to make sure with my own two eyes that they're separated so they don't inbreed. That's all I can do.

Thanks again for your input.

Re: Re: Re:

thanks for appoligizing! but I still am kinda gashed at the fact you insulted my spelling, I am only 16 years old and I have dislexia. I hate it when ppl say i am stupid or I suck at spelling.
    This is getting old...quit blaming your probs on dislexia...if you know you spell bad..use a spell checker..problem solved!