Thread: my mom said I could have a bunny again!!

my mom said I could have a bunny again!!

if you guys remember my mom had said I could have a holland lop bunny, but later decided I couldent, well my mom said I coul dhave one again! because I responsably cared for 4 dogs, 11 guinea pigs, 2 gerbils, all the fish, and took good care of the house all by myself! she did not think I was responable enugh before to care for a bunny along with my 2 dogs, and 6 piggies and 2 gerbils, but since I took such good care of all the animals not just mine, and took real good care of the house for a little over a week with no problems that I could have a bunny!! I am soooooo happy!!!! she said we will have to look at bunny again!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

YAY congrats! I really want a holland lop rabbit! they are on sale at Pet World! I am bugging my mom! She keeps saying we have to many animals or we already have 2 dogs 2 birds and on top of that a Chameleon!!! Im working on her though! She said no to all the other pets but now she is in love with them lol!
    Anyways YAY!!!
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

Congrats. Keep us updated

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Congrats! Good luck! I hope you find what your looking for!

thanks! we are looking into one from either the presto x pepper litter, or a new litter planned(after presto and pepper) with marmie, and their new buck teddy, a simese sable! I personally think they should have a presto x teddy litter! but they are both fairly young yet, this will be prestos first litter, and the first time teddy will be bred as well, I think both litter will be nice though! I cant wait to see em! oh I hope they are bred soon! but then again I dont I mean they can only handle so many litters at once, they have 4 litters on there hands right now(2 mini rex, 1 holland lop, 1 new zealand white) the marmie x finnigan litter is gone though they are like 3 months old now, only one buck left, and my mom will only consider a doe
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Congratulations on proving yourself as a capable pet owner to your mom!

I understand how it is when you want the perfect bunny, with the coloring you love and the size and personality you desire, but I really wish you would consider adopting from a humane society or shelter or from a rabbit rescue group.

There are an incredible number of homeless, unwanted rabbits...many more than there are homes for. Most are just as adorable as the one you describe....and they deserve a second chance to live in a loving, caring home. Unfortunately many breeders, in trying to get this perfect rabbit end up with a lot of "mistakes"...rabbits that won't get a good home. Just think how great you would feel to give a rabbit a second chance and save it's life either from being euthanised or from being sold as snake food, used as a plaything for dogs, or maybe having a bad home with someone who no longer wants it/has allergies/unable to afford it, etc., etc., etc.

This is a very important decision you are making. Please think about the options you have.
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

dont worry about it where I am there is only one shelter and its nearly empty all the time, it is exremly rare for them to get any sort of small animal and when they do come in they get adopted the same day, we have talked to the shelter already, they said they really dont get them in much, I saw a holland lop mix their but when they come in they are put in the paper, we have gone to the shelter the day it was put for adoption it had already found a home, you have to remember that not everywhere is like the states, our provence has very few placing problems, our shelters hardly have any animals in them, and we dont need petfinder either, relax we always look in the shelter first, and its a good breeder, but you also need to know that my mom will only let be have one with certain qualitys unfortinatly I dont have much say, my mom said in has to be small, healthy, light in colour, and female which really narrows down my choices
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

cali you never replyed to my pm .
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

sorry but I really dont know how to respond to that comment in the PM, TM
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

well I read on this forum somwhere that you dont take your pets to the vet! so I was just concerned about it, I think that maybe you should recosider, but its your choice.

they do go to the vet just a holistic one, and not for every little thing, or for shots since they dont get them. I know I have not once said they never go to the vet.
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

ok Someone told me on msn as well that you never took your pets to the vet befor. hummmm?? its all good you should have just wrote me back in the pm.

thats ok, I got a job and had had to get going when I saw the PM I did not know what to say in a hurry, I just got home a few minuts ago
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

I have a question ..

it says in you profile that you have 5 dogs wow !! lol

anyways, I was wondering what there names were and if you have any pics .

lol yes 5 dogs happy, shadow,misty,Ripley, and perky, Ripley is in my siggy, happy was in my old siggy(with the quote "my sunshine does'nt come from the sky's it comes from the love in my dogs eyes" and it was purple with butterflys) remember it?? lol misty I have apic of her, all dressed up, and I will post some pics of all of them in a minut for ya in dog general
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to: