Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Baby Rat PICTURES*

*Baby Rat PICTURES & Updates*

As requested, here are some pictures of Violette's babies. The pictures were taken today, July 4th.

WARNING: The pictures below contain adorable 13 day old baby rats. Protective sunglasses maybe required to avoid blindness from cuteness overload!

Below: Look at the all black baby with white paws...too cute!

Here is my personal favorite baby. If it is a doe, not 100% positive now, this one is a keeper!!!

Here is the birthing tank they are in. Violette loves the wire addition to the tank, because it allows her to get away and take a break from her kids. Frodo & Sam keep a close eye on them from behind the cage...hahahahaha!

That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed the pictures!
    Last edited by Desert Arabian; 07-05-2003 at 09:25 PM.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Just 13 days old?? They are adorable and so downy!! Awww!!!

Aww, the babies are sooo adorable! And what a variety of colors too. Great pics!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

aww they are soo adorible!!!! I cant wait to see more pics!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

AWWW!! I want one, lol. I knew I shouldn't have looked at them pics!! They are just adorable!!!! You have 13 cuties on your hands, try not to keep ALL the females

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

OK, I'll take the cream colored one, a blue and the black with the half white tail. Send them on over.......................
    TOOOOOOOOO cute !!!!

YAY! I knew I had seen a blazed ratty in the last picture!!!

Hmm, I predicted more beige/fawns but it looks as if you may have some siamese/himi babies on your hands. hehe Still looks as if a couple could be dumbo but still hard to tell. That would be so cool if you had some dumbos. I love the blues. I need more blues. American blue that is. man oh man, my Sterling and Violette would make a great couple!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

too cute!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Thanks for posting the pics! They are all adorable. I wish I could take a couple!

Thanks for contacting the rescue. I'm so glad you won't let them go to the petstore!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Awww, they are too CUTE!!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

UPDATES

Ok, here are some updates on the babies. Their eyes are opening right now as I type. One blue baby has both eyes open, one white one has one eye open, a couple of the black babies have one eye open, and the rest of them are still closed- but you can tell they are ready to open any minute. The little cream colored baby appears to be a dumbo. Its ears are real low on the head, and protrude out more than its siblings. They are really mobile, and are running around like little spazes. I sat on the couch with them for 10-15 mintues with them in a laundry basket. I sat there talking to them and picked everyone up once and a while. I blew on them softly, so they could smell my breath (eww, lol ). One of the little blue babies gave my finger a good washing- the little itty bitty tongue is too cute. Not to mention those teeth, OMG! So tiny & adorable!!!

Some bad news. I got a response back from the rescue lady. She won't take them because of the monkey pox outbreak in Wisconsin. She said she has a little kid, and doesn't want to take any chances. How stupid! Um, I hate to tell her but Monkey Pox was only found in Prairie Dogs who were infected from an African Giant Gambian Pouched Rat over in Africa, where the group of Prairie Dogs were illegally captured and sold to pet stores. Grrr! I am stuck in a hole! While I am at camp, I am going to think of something. I really don't want to give them to the pet store. Maybe I should contact our local humane society, the thing is is that they use pine shavings, and I don't want them housed in pine shavings. Maybe I could give them a bag of Aspen to use for them!?!?! I will have to chat with mom when she gets home tonight. She doesn't know about the e-mail response I got.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Too bad no PTers could take some of my little stinkers!! WINK-WINK!! Come on, look how cute they are!!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Ohhh, I really hope some PTers can take some of your babies! I really would take a couple if I lived closer

Good luck thinking of a place for them. I'll search around and see if I can find a national rat rescue who has someone near you who could take them!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

AWWWWWWW they are SO CUTE!! Those pics really make me want to get a rattie! Unfortunately, I'd be murdered if I did. Hope you are able to find good homes for them!

And I hope you can keep this one! My favorite too!!!

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    can't see, have gone blind from cuteness...why didn't you tell us to protect ourselves? What you did?

Oh, my bad then

the rattie babies are sooo cute, to bad I can't get one.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

They're so adorabe! And I really hope you can find a good home for them! Good luck with that.
    -Amanda-
    Fur Mommy to Chloe, Clara, Dozer, and Max!

And mommy to my two little angels in heaven Scooter (1-07-04) and Dexter (1-13-04)