Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~*~*~*Is Your Dog Scared Of Fireworks???~*~*~*

~*~*~*Is Your Dog Scared Of Fireworks???~*~*~*

Howdy All...........................

Last night we took Casey to the Rodeo to see how he would do in crowds and with fireworks. My grandma says dogs are naturally scared of fireworks. They didn't even phase Casey. The big bangs didn't even make him look up! I think 1 time he looked up at the really bright ones.

Our old lab, Lady was scared to death of fireworks, but she was given to us by a hunter because she was gunshy, so I bet that's why she hated them.

I have decided to take casey with us to the block party because he did so well last night.

Well, I hope you all have agreat 4th! Keep yourselves and your fur-babies safe and sound!

Crystal

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Twinkie - Norweigan Forest
    Bobby - Manx

As we speak Ruby is hiding under the desk at my feet because the neighbors are setting of very LOUD fireworks. It's not even dark outside yet!! So, yes, Ruby is terrified of them Poor pup

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Oh My!

I wonder why dogs are so scared of them!

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Bobby - Manx

Yup..my dogs are scared to death of them! Molly once got out of the house and ran down the street because she was soo scared! Poor guys...We'll see about this year though...

Ruff is scared to death of them. Of course he's scared of noises like that. People shooting guns or the thunder. I don't know if someone shot at him in his past or not. We're always hearing people shooting guns around here.

Ginger could care less she barks at them
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

I'm not too sure if Nala is, I know Simba is though.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I guess my Gramma was right. Well, I swear Casey just didn't even notice. A friend even said she has never seen a dog like mine...not afraid of fireworks. Of course, I would end up with the freak dog...LOL

Crystal

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Bobby - Manx

I've only had Kai since early October so there haven't been too many fireworks going off yet. I wasn't home for halloween so he may have gotten a fright.

Although, once I was home with him and there were fireworks going off. He definately noticed BUT he started barking at it and trying to find out where it came from lol.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I have some dogs that are deathly afraid of fireworks, hiding under the bed and crying. I have some dogs that seem to like them, and watch them. I have some dogs that are oblivious.

I think one reason dogs hate fireworks, gunshots, thunder, etc. is that their hearing is so much more sensitive than ours, and the loud, sudden booming noises must hurt their ears.

I'm staying home today, like I do every Fourth of July, to watch my scaredy dogs, and all the dogs in the boarding kennel.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Max loves fireworks, I use to take him to see fireworks all the time. He'll watch them for a few mins, & then get bored & fall asleep & I'll use him as my puppy-pillow. He could care less about any loud noises, nothing scares him except males & he shows that by growling, snorting & herding me/other family member away from the guy.

We celebrate GUY FAWKES every November the 5th in NZ, I only have cats, but they are really scared, they always try to go outside, silly as thats where its all happening, but I keep them in, I hate it really as i feel for all the scared animals out there, even the cows and sheep, the children love it of course, but when they ban the selling of fireworks and only have them at large functions that you can attend I for one will be in favour of that.
    There are two many serious accidents every year involving children and even pets.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

My Two Blk/Wht..s' are Not scared at all!!!!!

Deli and Joey seem to have Nothing of which they are afraid...

However,Dear Hobo is a different story!!!!!

Poor Baby is TERRIFIED.....If He could crawl up into my kitchen cabinets right now,He Would!!!!!!

I really FFeel for Him .....I just keep going over and Hugging him and telling Him...it will ALL be Over Tomorrow!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Anna is afraid of fireworks.. any loud noises.. she wouldn't go outside earlier.. so I had to go out with her.. but she didn't last 5 minutes out there.. Rosie doesn't mind..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Buddy is terrified of Fireworks!

Angus & our RB Keisha used to always go with us to watch the fireworks, it didn't bother them at all. They would watch them
    But Huney, noooo way! She's scared to death of them, she just shakes like a left & Roxey she just gets freaked and stands beside us.
    It rained all night so we didn't have to worry about it (good for them, but bad for us).
    Glad that they didn't bother Casey!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets