Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which of your dogs is liked best???

When we’re out walking Millie’s looks usually bring people over to us, then she growls and barks and they go straight to Chester, who loves to meet new people. Millie never gets petted by strangers, because she acts so mean.
    When it comes to the nieces and nephews, no one likes poor Millie. She’s just not good with kids. Granny gets the most attention from the kids because she’ll just sit there calmly and let everyone pet her for hours. The kids don’t realize that she’s too old to keep getting up and moving away from them.

Usually everyone dislikes Dusty because he is so hyper. He tends to have this earpiercing annoying bark when he gets excited, and he'll often jump. So, usually Teddy or Roxy are the favorites.

Dusty is my personal favorite because he is my problem child. Not only is he hyper, but he has strange ways. He has never ever licked anyone. You can't get him to kiss you for the life of you. To me, that's odd for a dog. His ways of showing affection are jumping on you for hugs, barking uncontrollably, and then once he calms down, sitting on your feet.

As many have said, it depends on where you are and who you are. Taggert draws a lot of people's attention because of his cute terrier face but he is somewhat independent and likes to go off by himself - at least at the dog park. Most older people like Dazzi - she is a pretty girl, is very subdued and behaves well. However at the dog park she is the one always attacking other dogs, so if you have a dog that she doesn't like, you probably won't like her when you get to know her. She is not mean, she just wants to be in charge and for everyone to behave according to her rules. Snoopy's colors are eye-catching but his bark and shyness put some people off. Some people are attracted to Oreo because she is turning so gray - they think it is cute that she is still so energetic at 14. But I guess Jack is the one most people - big kids and little - are attracted to. His striking colors, his fuzzy face and his gentle and friendly nature draws everyone to him.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Since we got Spot, a lot of kids say, Wow, a dalmatian? Can we pet him? Of course, we say, as long as your don't ignore the other two.

Our next door neighbor, only likes Sadie. She will come to the fence and pet her, but if the other two comeup, she backs away. She doesn't trust Cincy (because Cincy barks) and she doesn't know Spot (he's been here almost 4 months now...)

Cincy of course gets lots of loving as a therapy dog. A lot of people like her when we do visits becuase she is one of the smaller (or at least shorter dogs). The are sometimes more intimidated by our group's 100+ lb Rotteweiler or the 170 lb Irish Wolfhound.

I know that people tend to like one dog over another dog, so which of your dogs seems most liked my strangers??? and why do you think so??
    Hm, let's see. Well...Crash and Bruiser look pretty much identical. However, most people are first drawn to Bruiser. He always seems to have a "smile" on his face. However, once they actually approach, they find that Crash is much more friendly...and his butt is always wagging, LOL. Crash seems to be much more people friendly, but Bruiser is such a sweetheart...which makes me feel a little sorry for him. I think he would love it if people would pay more attention to him, but at the same time...he wants them to keep at least a little distance. He's tough to warm up to.

Lately, though...I've been taking Moody (more about him in one of my other posts) for walks with Crash and Bruiser, and people are instantly drawn to Moody. I can't blame them, though...he's the full package. He's adorable, friendly, and always happy. Ah! I can't wait until he's mine! LOL.

All in all, though, it depends who it is and what mood the dogs are in. Little kids are usually a little put off by their size, but love to pet their huge heads, LOL. Adults are a little cautious at first...everyone seems to be caught up in the typical Rottweiler stereotype until Crash offers his hand kisses, LOL.
    [|Lauren|]

...and the Rott'n Rottweiler boys...

.-.anxiously awaiting the homecoming of our new Chinook boy, Moody.-.

Out of our dogs, Precious is usually the one people pet first. Probably because she's fluffy and small. Most people tend to think that Rocky and Chloe are pitbulls and are afraid of them. Once they know that they're bulldogs though, a lot of people pay attention to them. It also kind of depends who I'm walking. Precious is usually taken out by herself because we don't trust Chloe around her very much. Chloe's been known to get jealous and try to go after her. Either way, they're always being looked at by strangers.
    The Loves Of My Life:

~*Chelsea*~

I know that people tend to like one dog over another dog, so which of your dogs seems most liked my strangers???
    Forgive me if I am replying to this late, but I figured I might as well pop in LoL.

Scout usually catches everyone's eye first, but he's pretty aloof with strangers and tends to keep his distance until he really gets comfortable with them. Once people actually approach, they are instantly drawn to Tucker and his wagging tail and crazy ears LoL. After they start petting Tuck, Kodak decides he wants all the attention and pops his head in. He starts giving little doggy kisses until he is convinced he's the center of attention LoL. All the while, Scout just hangs back and stares up at me, seemingly wondering when these strange people are going to leave us alone. Aw, my lovely boys.

Originally posted by anna_66
    I think Huney is liked the least.....she's the dreaded Chow, so mean .
    I know if I saw that big mean dog come towards me I'd run Yup, I'd run right up to you and ask to pet her

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

It always amazes me, but people are far more drawn to Tucker than Hannah, almost to the point of ignoring her.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

People like Reece beeter in pictures and also Reece better in person. Peka really doesn't pay too much attention to people since she's going blind and deaf. Lolly is really weary of strangers because of her past. She is getting better and lets them pet her without having to hide behind my legs, but she'd still prefer to be left alone.

Reece will jump into anyone's lap, invited or not, and start moaning in delight
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

It depends on the situation and the people...

A lot of people go to Smokey first as he is smaller, looks less intimidating, and, of course all poodles are female so therefore he's nicer. When, in fact, Smokey really is not always friendly....well, he usually is at first, just as long as they don't try to hold him or anything...and he will bite.

Most people don't really like Reggie. He always barks at people, and honestly, he doesn't look or act like a friendly dog. He is a sweetie at home of course...so actually most of the people who actually "know" my dogs like Reggie the best....he's the funny howling bunny ear dog with an attitude.

Most adults go to Nebo first...they like his looks, or maybe are just fascinated by his blue eyes...or freaked out by them. Lots of people ask what breed he is (usually they think he's a malamute or a wolf....puppy of course because of his size) Of course they ALL think he's a GIRL. Quite often kids are afraid of him because he "looks" mean. He does like kids though....and some kids rush over to him because he is a "Snow Dog!"

I think overall Nebo attracks more attention just because he's an unusual looking dog.