Thread: I LOVE LUCY

I LOVE LUCY

I'm SO happy to the first to congratulate you lovely Labbie Lucy! And if having a precious Labbie girl as our DOTD wasnt' enough to get me excited, you're my neighbor! Me and my Labbie Star and Husky Cody live on the Cape too! Hi neighbors!! Lucy, I am very familiar with the Boston Animal Rescue League!! They are an awesome, dedicated caring group and some of the sweetest, "best" doggies I've ever met were former guests of the ARL!! How lucky was your family to be the ones to scoop you up! I work in Lab rescue and know too well and sadly, that many, many Labs are surrendered by novice Retriever owners, unfamiliar with the energy level and exercise requirements of this acitve, exhuberant, playful breed! But what a lucky Labbie YOU are Lucy, living ON the beach!! We Cape Codders know how hard it can be for a doggie to fit in a day at the beach during the summer when no dogs are allowed!...unless you own a beachfront home! Congratulations to you sweet, beautiful Lucy, our lovely Labbie Dog of the Day!! It's a beautiful day here on the Cape, Lucy! So have a great day runnning, swimming, fetching and thoroughly enjoying your much deserved day of honor! Maybe one day me and my crew will bump into you on the beach! (We live on the bay side!) I'll be treading lightly, looking down for one of your holes! Hugs, kisses and very enthusisastic Labbie butt wiggles to you, sweetie! I LOVE LUCY!!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 07-02-2003 at 06:46 AM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I love Lucy too!!!

What a beautiful girl you are, Lucy!! And my Retriever girls are very envious of your beach trips and hole digging! What fun for a Labbie girl!!! I'm so glad that you are in a perfect home where your energetic ways are appreciated!! And I'm sure those people on the beach appreciate that your parents fill in your holes!! LOL!!

Congratulations to the shiniest, most gorgeous black Lab girl I have seen in a long time! You're the Dog of the Day!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS LUCY!

I knew just as soon as I seen your picture that you were a water dog, but how lucky that you live right next to a beach. Sounds to me like you have your humans trained very well (filling in the holes you dig ), but I'm sure they don't mind!

I wish that all dogs were as well-treated and happy as she.
    Oh how I feel the same way, this world would be a much better place!

I hope you enjoy being our dog of the day, I know I've enjoyed it

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I am so glad that Lucy's humans got the first official Pet Talk accolades from Sandra! Who better to extol the virtues of labbie love and a neighbor at that! Lucy sounds like a little dynamo who is living life large and lovin' it! Wow - digging holes on the beach - just a slice of doggie heaven!! Lucy I wish you many carefree days at the beach (after all of the humans leave this fall) and maybe just maybe you will bump into Star and Cody one of these days. That would be a big treat for everyone, dogs and humans alike!

Lucy, the minute I saw your beautiful labby figure and where you were from, I knew that there would be lots of excitement here at PT. As you have just discovered the Cape is represented here at Pet Talk by several of the best and the brightest and obviously you are no exception. One look at you and there is no doubt why the black lab is such a popular dog, and all that energy....wow! A good thing because it keeps your folks moving and grooving along with you, and we all know how good exercise is.

Thank you for being such a delightful Dog of the Day. You make me want to get up from my desk and take a romp.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Blog Entries

Everyone LOVES LUCY

Mew, Me-eow! Hi Lucy, wonderful dog of the day.

KatMa is dazed and -- another precious animal found at a shelter!

"Energetic" is what young, healthy furries are supposed to be. Mew, we're thrilled to see you've finally found the right furents who will love & cherish you every day of your life. Your furent said in your bio " I wish all dogs were as well-treated and happy as she" which is exactly what my KatMa feels animal should experience.

Have a wonderful day filled with extra treats, tummy rubs, and hugs & kisses to help you celebrate!

Live long & healthy, happy, loved & cherished by your fursons -- all pets deserve this.

KatMa sends 100,000 kisses & hugs and I, Sasha the =^.^= send you sweet mewls, headbumps, kittykisses and nose twinkies!

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Ah, another doggie "archeologist"with the digging! You never know maybe you'll discover buried treasure!! Or the lost city of Atlantis!Congrats on DOTD
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

Hi, Lucy! Your story is very similar to Oreo's. She, too, is a 4-year-old black lab who found her forever home at 1. She also shares your boundless enthusiasm and your interests in ball, the beach, and digging very nice holes. You two would get along famously!

Congratulations on being our smiling, wet DOTD! Lucy, you are a gem!
    Oreo and Molly

Love the blurred, wagging tail!

What a lovely lucy lab!

Lucy, congratulations you cute little thing. What a happy labrador you are, and living every dogs dream living by the beach!!
    What a wonderful family you have to have given you this wonderful labbie life. My Henry would love and your energy! How fantastic you found a family at 1 year-old that could accomodate your lively ways!! What a lucky girl you are, have a wonderful day.

Dearest Lucy,

What a glorious picture you make, fresh from a dip in the
    water and just brimming with happiness. You are a beautiful
    Labbie girl & you & your lucky family are blessed to have found
    each other. Adopted dogs are the best friends. Happy congrats
    on being chosen as today's DOG OF THE DAY.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Lucy, what a happy, pretty dog you are! And my cousins also have a black Lab named Lucy. Isn't that something?? You sound like you are very active and keep your "parents" on their toes. I'm sure you bring a lot of joy to their lives. Congrats on being our DOTD!

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Re: Everyone LOVES LUCY

Congratulations,
    Lucy you sweet energenic girl you.