Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ozzy and his rutin...

Originally posted by ozzlou
    would you believe that my freak of a kitty does NOT like tuna!!!!!
    he won't eat the sea food flavors of fancy feast either.
    he digs the beef and gravy ones...chicken too...
    what can i say...he is a strange boy

he fits well with the family

tara
    Catsnclay got their cat to take pills by putting them in baby food. May be worth a try?
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

vet again...

i left work this a.m. to take mr. ozzy to the vet...he was breathing too fast last night, and he spent most of the day under the bed, so i went to work- long enough to pass meds and leave...
    the vet tapped 90 cc's- which isn't horrible- in fact it decreased cuz tues it was 220. so its a good sign that the rutin is working.
    so far keeping a variety of foods on hand is working. oh- i tried baby food before- he ate it once, but that was it.

so hopefully he won't need to be tapped again for a good while- pray! pray! pray!
    take care-
    tara

How is Ozzy????
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

thanks for asking

hi slick,
    ozzy is still being very stubborn. i literally have every flavor of fancy feast-(excluding any sea food flavors). if i dare to give him the same flavor 2 times in a row- he won't eat it.
    but for now, he is taking the rutin- and there is a definate improvement.
    he hasn't been tapped in almost a whole week, and his breathing is slower and steady- for now.
    so long as i stay a step ahead of him- which isn't easy- he's ok for now.
    since this all started he's lost about 8 lbs- which the vet said is totally ok- since he started out at about 20lbs!
    i'm sure losing a few is better for his breathing too.

i keep praying, i try my best to stay hopeful, and i give him lotsa love.

i appreciate everyone's support!!
    tara

Thanks for the update. We do get worried around here. Sounds like things are working out **fingers and toes crossed**. Have you got the Chicken & Liver flavour of FF?? My cats will wolf it down like they haven't eaten for weeks... haha Of course, they don't get it anymore since their are one low protein diets now.

What a picky little guy he is!! Do you have any pictures him??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

lol...
    we definately have the chicken liver flavor of fancy feast...i do believe it is a favorite of his too! i always keep a jar of beef gravy also,to add to any flavors that lack that something yummy...to make sure he gets most of the doses.
    i truly don't know how he got so picky...but man alive- is it ever frustrating!!!!!

the only pics i have of him that are on the computer are the ones i posted already..."i finally figured it out, here are ozzy, louie and loki"
    i have a roll in my camera now- but i have to get them put on a cd...i'm not all that computer savvy
    i'll prolly get to post them next week...after the roll is done (i got a great one of my dog with his tounge hanging out...i dunno why i find that so hilarious!)

thank you so much for caring...
    tara

I am glad that Ozzy is taking his rutin and is doing better. With a devoted purrent like you I'm sure he will be okay.
    Steffi and Lovable

well,
    i got home last night to find that ozzy was breathing too fast again...so of all things we had to go to the er vet. it had to be done, and i'm thankful they exist- its just so incredibly expensive, and they insist on making their own diagnosis, so it costs even more!!!
    luckily, my begging and pleading helped- i asked for them to not xray ozzy- i know what the problem is, he's got this- here are all my receipts, here's his medicine, see! his armpits are bare from being tapped so much...the vet was very nice and went right ahead and tapped him.
    here is why i'm so sad...they only got 160 cc's. i'm no vet, but that says to me, that there is more scar tissue forming, making it even harder to breathe- which is why he can't tolerate that much fluid anymore. his respirations were 84/min when i got the the hosp- they shouldn't be more than 40. scar tissue never heals- even if he were to be cured. from what i've read, scar tissue is what ends up hurting the cat the most. (the fluid causes scar tissue). it just makes me sad...thinking of the worst...i guess its inevitable though.
    sorry for the depressing update,
    tara

When Bassett had her surgery the vet said there was a lot of scar tissue, and although scar tissue doesn't heal, if the cat is cured, the lungs can find a way to "work around it" so to speak. So, don't give up all hope yet! I'm still praying for you and Ozzy

Tara, you and Ozzy are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Ozzlou: I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time of it. You are in my continued prayers. Please give little Ozzy kisses from me.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. Please take care.

ozzy just isn't doing well at all.
    i'm afraid i'm going to have to make a very difficult decision soon.
    the illness is not resolving, and his breathing is becoming worse. if he were cured this minute- he may be able to deal with the scar tissue he already has, but the fact is- he continues to accumulate fluid- which builds more scar tissue.
    its not fair to him. poor hunny just wants to be able to take a nice refreshing deep breath...but he can't.
    he was tapped again tues, he'll be tapped again tomorrow.
    he still doesn't look sick- but he's not playing, and sleeps under the bed a lot.
    that's not ozzy.
    my latest prayer, is that he'll just fall asleep- but that never happens. i just hope the answer will be clear to me, at the right time.
    tara

Poor dear Ozzy. Tara, my heart goes out to both of you. I don't have any advice, but you know your friends at Pet Talk are here for you.
    Steffi and Lovable

Tara, I'm so sorry to hear that Ozzy is still not well. When the time comes you will know the right thing to do. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey