Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seal-point Siamese searching........

seal-point Siamese searching........

....has produced more unexpected results. Today I drove to the Wichita, Kansas animal shelter to seek at least one of two seal-points shown on their web site. After I finally found the shelter, it was realized that I was an hour early before they opened the doors. Right after I pulled into the parking lot, another car pulled in beside me. In it were an elderly couple with a cat to surrender to the shelter. She took the cat to the entrance for surrendered animals. In a few minutes she came back out, which she said, "they practically ran me out of the place" because, they didn't open the doors until 11:00 AM I noticed the pet carrier inwhich they had the cat, and remarked, "that is a pretty orange tabby cat you have there". She went on to explain that it was rescued from a business, and presented to her by her daughter. After some explaining, she asked "Do you want him?". Of course I said, "Yes". ('Cannot allow a beautiful orange tabby kitten be placed in a shelter where he may be euthanized). She went on to say that he keeps running in front of me, and we are too old to mess around with a cat, because of the danger of falling down, and besides, I am not interested in driving all the way out here again to surrender a cat! Also, she said that he was a very affectionate kitty and that he had his shots and vet's check-up. So, I took the kitten, and waited another 40 minutes for the shelter to open up. Afterwards, I went in and was told that both the seal-point Siamese that I had been looking for had been adopted yesterday. But that didn't make too much difference to me, since I rescued another very pretty (orange tabby) kitten.

On the way home, I drove through a small country town, where some folks had set up a yard-sale sign, with some goods displayed. I immediately recognized a pet carrier on the display table. So, I stopped and bought it because I was going to purchase a new one at Walmart's when I got home. Upon closer inspection it appeard brand new, and for only $5.00 . (The 200-mile round trip was worth the effort for both the kitten and the new pet carrier.)

I brought the orange tabby inside, and almost immediately he began playing with Callie with a dangly-bird cat-toy, after a few hisses, but nothing important. She was right, he is very affectionate and loyal kitten,and his coat has definitely an orange hue. I havn't named him yet. He is about the same age as Midnight- probably about 4-5 months. I plan to take him to my vets' in the morning for a regular check up. This is another case of being at the right place, at the right time, because if I had been 5 minutes later, I would have missed the rescue. He is a cuddler kitten, who follow me around the house and purrs whenever I pick him up. Right now he is a little overwhelmed by the number of furkids, who want to know him, because he whines, and growls at them. But there has been no aggressive behavior from the others. This is a good sign of him fitting into my menagerie after a few days.
    Last edited by L. Wayne; 06-27-2003 at 07:21 PM.

Oh Wayne! You're such a kind hearted person....I'm so glad you were there, I can't/don't want to think of what would have become of sweet orange kitty!

Again, I'm so happy you were there.

Can't wait to hear more about orangie. They are my most favorites, as you know.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Oh Wayne, you are one special person!!! And I have always believed that things happen for a reason. So you weren't mean to adopt the Siamese cats. But you got a great little orange kitty instead. What a deal!!! Have you named him yet??

Don't foget pictures please!!!! Great job!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

It's close to the Fourth of July, so is he a Firecracker, maybe? Or maybe Sam, for Uncle Sam (not to mention another little orange kitten often seen on PT).

It was so good of you to rescue the little guy! Congrats on the latest member of the kitten crowd!

Bless you! He will love you furrever!!
    Danielle Mommy to Furbaby Flufffy born around April 10. New Momma To Furrbaby Socks. My Tuxedo boy

Happiness Is A Cat

PLEASE Spay or Neuter Your Pets!

Originally posted by CatsinDenver
    It's close to the Fourth of July, so is he a Firecracker, maybe? Or maybe Sam, for Uncle Sam (not to mention another little orange kitten often seen on PT).
    Great ideas!!!! What a cute name for an orangie....Firecracker!!! CUTE!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

After reading your replies, I think I will name him "Sam", mostly because of an orange tabby my dad had when he passed away 26 years ago. We subsequently gave Sam to the next door neighbor who I know took good care of him.

I am thinking of becoming a foster shelter for cats. I have too many permanent residents now, although there is definitely room for more, I'm finding that adopting cats is much easier than I had originally thought. There are so many of them out there without homes, and unwanted.

I found a picture of a cat that looks exactly like Sammy. It is found on the "Homeless Cat Network", under "Cougar" on page 2. Also, Pet Talk's Cat of the Day for July 1st, looks exactly like Sammy. In fact, at first glance, I thought it was Sammy.
    Last edited by L. Wayne; 07-01-2003 at 03:35 AM.

Wayne,

I was thinking about you today while at the shelter. They have a beautiful Seal Point Siamese there. I'll be going to the shelter tomorrow and will check him out. I know you live kinda far from Michigan, but maybe we can get a convoy going. I don't know much about him as I was busy with babies in the nursery. Let me know if you're interested.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Oh what a wonderful story, Wayne! Congratulations to you and Sam both!!!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Yay another cutie!

Originally posted by L. Wayne
    After reading your replies, I think I will name him "Sam", mostly because of an orange tabby my dad had when he passed away 26 years ago. We subsequently gave Sam to the next door neighbor who I know took good care of him.

I am thinking of becoming a foster shelter for cats. I have too many permanent residents now, although there is definitely room for more, I'm finding that adopting cats is much easier than I had originally thought. There are so many of them out there without homes, and unwanted.

I found a picture of a cat that looks exactly like Sammy. It is found on the "Homeless Cat Network", under "Cougar" on page 2.
    Great idea, Wayne! That's exactly what I want to do when I have my own home

Congratulations on adopting Sam! How many are there in the troupe now? I've los count!!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Right now I have 11 adults and 8 kittens. The 8 kittens are Solsitce, Summer, Midnight, Jumper, Callie, Sammy, Tippee, and an unnamed tabby.

Yesterday, I went yard sale hunting. It is amazing some of the good deals that are out there. I stopped in one front yard sale, and saw some kittens running around. The owners immediately pointed out 2 kittens who had been placed in a large cardboard box with a grate over the top. She said that mama cat had a litter of 7 kittens this year, and that 2 of them had been killed already for various reasons. So, I took the kittens and also purchased some other goods from them. The kittens were free. (They were afraid that no one wanted them.) After I got them home, I saw one was a little tortie, and the other is a little tiger-gray tabby. The tabby has an injury to her right rear leg. I'll have to take her to my vets' monday and have her checked out. Personality wise, the tortie is more aggressive than the tabby, she growls and hisses at the others, while the tabby is more mild and refined. Yesterday evening, the tabby laid down on my arm and went to sleep while I was watching TV. All 8 of the kittens were on the bed this morning when I awoke to get up. They have taken over the nighttime "bed duties". I haven't named either of them yet, but as fate may have it, they both have a permanent home. I am thinking of naming the tortie "Tippee" because of the tan tip on the very end of her tail. Her and Tiara look nearly identical except for the tan tip.

Donna, considering the little seal-point Siamese, I do not know if I can handle more cats or not. At the rate they are coming in, I will have a house full (If I don't already) of lovable furkids. If it wouldn't be too much trouble I could take him. I usually run a personality exam before I accept them. I have a few now, who would be better off in a one-only cat household. These are the ones I will foster.

I took Sammy to the vets' yesterday to run some preliminary checks on him. Doc said that he is FeLIV negative, has ear mites, and that he is not neutered. I said that is OK, as I want him to get used to being in a home before subjecting him to the operation. So, I will set up an appointment for him next month
    some time.. I placed some Frontline on him for earmites and a couple of fleas he had.
    Last edited by L. Wayne; 06-29-2003 at 12:56 PM.

Wayne you're right up there on the count with us! What a good soul you are. That's my husband & my goal, to have a cat sanctuary. Oh if we could only win the lottery! Boy how I would love to see pictures of all your babies. Keep us posted I love reading about your rescues. I may not always get to respond, but I always read your threads with quite the admiration.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Wayne,

I went to the shelter today. Her name is Diamond and she's a 2 year old Chocolate Point. She has the most magnificent personality!!! She's very vocal and loves to be held with her front legs around your neck. I'm going to alert Siamese Rescue about her. If I didn't have 8 cats in my apartment, I'd foster her.

Originally posted by L. Wayne
    Personality wise, the tortie is more aggressive than the tabby, she growls and hisses at the others, while the tabby is more mild and refined.
    Tortie-tude shows itself early, doesn't it?

It's so good of you to give these babies a safe home and lots of loving care. And eight on the bed at once breaks my record of waking up to seven!

Donna, Diamond sounds like the type of seal/chocolate point that I have been looking for. If I didn't live so far away, I would definitely come up there and take her.

Catsindenver, I'll agree with you on the "tortitude factor", however Tiara, I have never heard her fuss nor fight with any of my other furkids, not even with the new ones. She is a very affectionate and lovable lap kitty. Tiara is now 3 years old.

...........wayne
    Last edited by L. Wayne; 06-30-2003 at 05:08 AM.