Thread: Declawed Dumped/Lost Cat

Declawed Dumped/Lost Cat

I got a call yesterday from my son-in-law saying he found a declawed cat at his work site, did I know anyone that wanted it? I called and called and couldn't find a quick/good home. Well a guy at work ended up taking the poor thing home. Her paws were burnt from the hot asphalt, she was totally dehydrated, and starving. Said it look like she'd never seen outdoors before. She pulled through the night and drank and ate this morning.

This does have a happy ending since she is in good hands now!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Oh these stories really make me mad I am so glad that the poor cat has a chance now to start a new and better life!

Oh no! I'm so glad you found somebody to take the poor kitty in for the night - and happier still that the poor thing survived the night. Just don't get how people can do this....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm glad that she has a place to stay now. I don't understand people sometimes I don't see how anyone could leave a defenseless animal to fend for itself.

I know it just makes me sick! Why is a declawed cat outside in the first place???

The man that took her home is keeping her!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

How sad, but happy for the kitty. It's unfortunate that this type of thing happens everyday and every country. We can't save them all; instead we just do what we can. Thanks for caring for the little one.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm so happy the kitty now has a home.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

so glad the guy is keeping her! the previous owners probably had her declawed then maybe she was peeing on the carpet or doing some other "forbidden" behavior so they dumped her! these poor kitty cats

Poor kitty. I'm glad it found a home.
    Danielle Mommy to Furbaby Flufffy born around April 10. New Momma To Furrbaby Socks. My Tuxedo boy

Happiness Is A Cat

PLEASE Spay or Neuter Your Pets!

That is heartbreaking! How could anyone do that to a cat?????

I'm so glad you raised your son correctly....coming to the aid of that sweet thing and knowing what to do.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Aaw, that little thing must have been terrified. I'm glad she seems to be on the mend and I hope that is the end of all her worries. Please let us know how she gets on if you can.

What a sad stroy - I feel so sorry for the poor kittie - but at least he/she found a forever home, and won't be suffering outside any more!

Well done to your son-in-law for taking the time to catch the kittie, and big hugs to the kind gentleman who took it home!

Ally sends kitten kisses!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

About 7 years ago someone dropped off a declawed and pregnet cat behind my parents house. We would leave the back door open all day and all night so she could come in and eat. One day she was in while I was home from school, and i sat down next to the food dish and started talking to her telling how she is such a good kitty. Then when I reached my hand out to pet her she ran off. Then we didn't see her for about 1 week or so. Then she finally came back into eat and she wasn't pregent anymore. So I gave her a bowl of milk. As soon as she seen my dad she ran out of the house. We believe that the person who dropped her off was a man that had abused her. Every time she seen a male she would run away or she would cower in the corner. Finally one day she got to the point that I was allowed to pet her at any time I wanted. Her kittens were born outside because at the time she didn't trust us enough to have them in our house. After about 3-4 months of me working with her to start trusting me she finally packed her bags and moved into my room. A few months later I noticed she was pregnet again. She had that litter of kittens in the part of the basement that had a crawl space. Only my self was allowed to sit with her and hold and pet her new born kittens. She would pick them up and bring them to me and set them in my hand so I could show my mom how good of a mother she is and how cute her little babies were. As soon as my mom ooh'ed and aww'ed she would take them out of my hands and take them back to where she had them and bring out another one for me to show off for her. While I had her she had 4 litters of kittens. Now mind you I was never allowed to hold her to get her into the vet. She was still part wild due to mistrust. And she still had her back claws and teeth which she knew how to use both very well. Her last litter she had she had them in the corner of my bedroom in a little box. Again I was the only one allwed to hold her kittens unless she went out side my mom would be able to hold them while she was away. Three days after she had her last litter she died on us. We took her to the vet as soon as my dad got home from work because we had to wait for him to get home with the car. Ten minutes after we got her to the vet she died and the vet told us she some how got into rat poision. We had an apartment complex behind the house that would set it out. And she some how managed to get into it. We had 5 kittens that we had to bottle feed. Only 2 kittens made it of course they all got a little of the poision in their systems so the kittens had alot of problems. I was very mad that she died. But I was also greatful that the person dropped her off in a way because I got to keep her and love her and play with all her cute little kitties she gave us. But we all were very mad that she was declawed and dropped off and expected to find food on her own. What if we didn't live there. Every other house around us hates cats. So she would have been left to die. So I was happy we were able to give her the life she wanted and deserved and needed. She was the best cat a 14 year old could ever ask for. So to make a long story short. I hate it when people do that kind of stuff. Cats aren't that hard to take care of if you know what you are doing and what you need to do for them. But I was happy I had her for the short time that I did.

FANTASTIC!!! Another one saved just in time~
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Happy Ending

Originally posted by K & L
    I know it just makes me sick! Why is a declawed cat outside in the first place???

The man that took her home is keeping her!
    I'm glad to hear that she found a furrever home so quickly. There are so many stories just like this one, it is depressing!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.