Thread: toby and lily

toby and lily

I'm starting to worry a little .. lately Toby has been attacking Lily and biting her .. Lily cries when he does this ... what should I do? Is this kinda normal?

I have adopted many cats into my house and I have found that when I have done this my cats have always reacted in the way that Toby is reacting. They would either bite each other, chase each other around the house, or would have a wrestling match with each other. They are just getting the "pecking order" so to speak. Toby has been your only baby for a while and now you have Lily. In my opinion he is just letting Lily know that he was here before her.

Many people may disagree with this but it is what I have done and it seems to have worked. When we have outbreaks in our house I use a water gun to get them to stop. It usually takes a little time. We still have outbursts in the house from time to time, but otherwise they (all 5 of them) co-exhist very well.

I hope this helps.

P.S. Toby and Lily and so beautiful. I have been enjoying the pictures that you posted.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I believe this is right. When there is a change in a multi-cat household, ie a new addition, a new hierarchy has to be established. There can be a few hissing matches before everyone finds their place again. There are many people who will never interfere with this, but I am a bit of a wimp about biting, and I would also use a water pistol if it got a bit much. Toby maybe needs lots of your attention to reassure him - that is if you are up to it. Are you feeling any better?

thanks, I am still feeling pretty nasty I hardly ever get sick, but when I do .. its horrible

I separate them if its seems like Lily is being hurt or is really not in the mood to wrestle with him. I have some more pics I will post in a new thread..