Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr. Mackee

That's a sweet story. He looks grateful and supremely content. Good for him.

You saw your purrrents at the shelter and knew they were the family for you. Now they don't know how they ever managed without you. Congratulations, Handsome.
    Last edited by Steffi N; 06-27-2003 at 10:50 PM.
    Steffi and Lovable

I would never guess that you were once a thin, flea and mite-infested kitty by the side of the road. It is amazing that after being left out in the cold, that you still trusted humans enough to pick your family. You are a beautiful boy Mr Mackee. Long and happy life to you sweet kitty.

Hi everybody!

Mr. Mackee and I would like to thank you all for your wonderful comments and compliments! We were taken completely by surprise when we discovered that Mr. Mackee had been chosen as Cat of the Day.

He is a wonderful cat, and he is the light of my life. He will be getting extra treats and extra attention today to celebrate his special moment!

Attached is a picture of Mr. Mackee with his baby sister, Lenore.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lenore is a beautiful kitty too. You should post pix of them more often

Hi everyone!

I'm the cat parent formerly known as mec407; no longer have access to that account,
    hence the new username, but I wanted to give some updates about Mr. Mackee. I can't
    believe it's been 8 years since he was Cat of the Day!

He's approximately 13 years old now, give or take a year -- hard to know for sure with
    rescue cats. He was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year, but he doesn't mind the
    insulin shots at all. He eats EVO 95% meat food, which he loves (although he has never
    been a picky eater -- he'll eat just about anything!). His adopted sister Feema passed
    away last weekend, so we're both trying to recover from that.

Without further ado, here are some photos of my handsome tuxedo boy.

Oh, he's just adorable! Thank you for sharing the pictures. I especially admire his two-toned toe pads. And the picture of him with his and your beloved Feema is especially beautiful.

So nice to meet you, Mr. Mackee!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Ir's wonderful to hear an update on Mr Mackee. Thank you so much for posting more photos of him. He looks an absolutely adorable boy.

I have sad news.

Mr. Mackee passed away yesterday, May 20, 2013. He was about 15-16 years old. He went into heart failure in December 2012, and the doctors also discovered nodules on his liver, which they believe may have been cancer. With the help of four medications, Mr. Mackee hung on for six months... far longer than the doctors expected. A week ago he started to once again go downhill, and on Sunday his decline became much more rapid, to the point that he couldn't eat, couldn't drink, could barely walk, and wouldn't purr even when I was petting him.

Yesterday was perhaps the worst day of my life. I'm still in a state of shock and heartbreak; all I can do is keep telling myself that he's no longer suffering and that I'll see him again someday.

Aww, our condolences!
    I've Been Frosted

I am so very sorry. Hugs to you. It is so hard, isn't it, to say goodbye to such a dear friend when it is time for them to go.

Mr. Mackee is whole and healthy again now, a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, where he will welcome you Home.. One Fine Day..

He shared a good long life full of love with you. Love is eternal, and you are together always. May your precious memories help to bring you peace and comfort. God bless.

from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

These are the last pictures I took of Mr. Mackee before he passed.