Thread: Sad News!

Sad News!

Thursday night my little Dutches got sick. She was just sleeping and I was gonna take her to the vet with Warlock to get the first puppy shots Friday afternoon. I noticed at 4am that she had some blood on her bottom, she also started to vomit and have the poops. Well she passed away It hurts so much, I miss her, her cute little face......I just want to wake up from this bad nightmare! I called the vet and he wanted 100.00 cash to see me for an emergency visit. I explained my puppy was awful sick that all I had was a check or visa, he refused both of them. Make no difference really because she still wouldn't of made it. I know now she had parvo. I never knew it but the next door neighbors dog had it and passed away too. The vet told me that Dutches was exposed to it 7-10 days befor there were any signs of her being sick, that means she was about 41/2 weeks old. I take good care of all my boys and girls but it's people like me who looses a very much loved pet. The people who don't care are the ones who don't take there pets to the vet to let these dieases spread. Warlock will be alright he had it to but the vet said since he pulled through he won't ever catch it again. Warlock misses Dutches but other than that he is happy and healthy now. As long as we don't mention Dutches name he's ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

oh no..i'm so sorry to hear that. Well, now she's at the rainbow bridge living happily and watching you.

Feel free to pm me if you need to talk ok?

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

" I take good care of all my boys and girls but it's people like me who looses a very much loved pet."
    It happens to everybody in the universe who owns a pet..not just you.
    I recently lost my Golden about a week and a half ago and I'm still hurting..
    You had a beautiful puppy. She was so young, and helpless. You tried, and there was nothing more that you could do for her. Her immune system was still developing, so she was very unstable inside her.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. You're in my prayers

I would get Warlock to the vet ASAP for a parvo test. Even if he seems okay now, he could still be in the incubation period.

Ok, I just read what you wrote about him having it? Did you treat him at the vet? I've never heard of a parvo puppy getting better without treatment. Even WITH the treatment, its really touch and go.

I always keep my foster puppies away from other dogs and areas where other dogs have been.

I am very sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Blog Entries

little Dutches

Your little Dutches was so adorable. Thank you for posting her picture. Parvo -- how terrible your little furkid got that. Thank Warlock's guardian angel tht he pulled through he won't ever catch it again. You and Warlock will always miss Dutches because she owns a special place in your hearts.

Go to the website Rainbow Bridge http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm and read the poem. It comforted me very much when my darlings, the late PaddyPaws (cat), Bobby (beagle dog), Tiggy (my soul-mate cat) and Princess passed away. It was very hard each time. PaddyPaws [15 years old] & Bobby [17 years old] both passed away in 1996; darling Tiggy at 15 years in 2000 and Princess at 15 years in 2001. Thank goodness my sweet little Sasha is only 9 years old and healthy!

My heart aches for you.

Sasha's KatMa, Sue

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

i am so sorry!!! Wow!! i really hope you feel better! That poem will help you.. its hard to lose a pup i know! If u need to talk feel free to pm me and i would be happy to talk to you! im so sorry! Play hard at rainbow bridge sweet dutches.. Get warlock looked at just in case! you cant go through this again!

I am so sorry for the loss of Dutches. What a painful time for you. Please know that all of us lose pets, whether someone's fault, or not. It hurts just the same. Please know you are in all of our prayers. Please have your other pup examined by the vet soon.

When you can, please contact a vet or two, and develop a relationship with them. There wasn't any reason for the vet to refuse you, knowing you had a very sick pup on your hands. I would consider writing a letter to him/her, with a copy to the vet association in your state. I don't think that was appropriate.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your little Dutches.

Hugs

I am so sorry to hear about Dutches.
    I wish I could make your pain go away.
    I am also upset that the Vet would not
    help you, what did the vet want only CASH????
    (I never have a lot of cash around!)

----<---<--<{(@

I'm so sorry about Dutches. She has a very sweet face, what a cutie pie. I hope that you feel better soon, and I hope that Dutches is playing with my pup Polar at the RB.
    I've been BOO'd!

yes Warlock had parvo and we did go to the vet. I know a pets death just hasn't happened to me alone and trust me this is not the first time I've lost one, but each time I have lost a loved pet it feels like the first time! Warlock is fine now happy and very healthy. The vet wants cash for the reason that he has gotten a lot of bad checks. and as far a a visa goes my MD doesn't take a visa. I have used this vet for all my pets so it is not like the first time I called him. I just need to find another vet even though it will be 70 miles away versus 8 miles. It will well be worth the drive for the care. The vet I had worked out of his house and when I called it was his residence, not an answering service. (I live in a very small town) Dutches wouldn't of made a 70 mile trip. Thanks for all your prayers. I will always hurt when I think of her but thats just part of life, I'm lucky to have had her in my life. I'm going now to read the poem you have suggested and thats for caring!

Valarie

Yikes, I'm really sorry for your loss. That is so very sad!! May Dutchess rest in sweet peace.

I am so sorry for your loss.I am so glad Warlock is all well now.I know how hard it is to lose a famly member..We are all here for you.My thoughts are with you.
    Laurie

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.
    How terribly sad.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada