Thread: Sad situation

Sad situation

I went to the boarding kennel where I buy Shiloh's Canidae Platinum Diet. Last time I was there, the owner told me he had two dogs that were probably abandoned, one a GSD and the other, a Dobermann. He said he was going to notify the woman that she must claim them in a month. If she did not, he would put them down. He said he did not want to do that, though.

Well, I went to get Shiloh's food today and the dogs are still there. Now he has legally taken them over. I met the so-called GSD. He is one year old. To me, he looks like a Gronendael (Belgian Shepherd) or a black long-haired shepherd. The kennel owner said the dog was shy, but he came up to my daughter and I and we both petted him, no problem. He then jumped up and kissed the kennel owner. It just about broke my heart. The dobe came in with this dog. I did not meet the dobe. They have been kennelmates.

Tomorrow is our GSD rescue meeting, so I will bring the dogs' situation up to our director. I am hoping we can save them or at least have contacts for them.

This is so depressing.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

~Kat

Oh Sue I'm very familiar with that situation. At the kennel where I worked, this was a common occurence! People who could no longer keep their dogs, but didn't want to turn them into a shelter, often boarded them with us, never to return! Thankfully, the kennel owners are good people and I'm sure the dog owners knew that. Often the dogs would be with us for months before we found them a good home; but we always did. Thanks for bringing them to the attention of your rescue group. They sound like beautiful, sweet deserving dogs. Lucky for them they met YOU! Paws crossed.......

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I echo that sentiment!

Good luck finding them a new forever home ... btw what is a "GSD" (not familiar with doggie acronyms)

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

GSD=German Shepherd Dog

Still haven't heard anything back yet. I will contact the kennel to see if they have worked something out. The rescue was supposed to call the kennel owner with info on Dobe rescue and to do something with the shepherd type dog. The rescue isn't working full force yet, so they are very choosey on what they do at the moment. I will be checking on these dogs myself, though, to be sure they aren't pts.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

The rescue I work with can't take them, but they gave the kennel owner some more contacts. He wants them out now. Whoever takes them needs time to temp test them. If the other contacts don't work out, he has been told to call our rescue back. If all else fails, the rescue will transport to an out of state shelter. Will update when I know more.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Poor doggies

Good luck ... keep us advised.

GSD's are called German Shepards or (sometimes) Alsatians in Australia (at leas I think you're referring to the same breed!)

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Wonderful update!!! Both dogs have been placed in rescue. The dobe went to Dobe Rescue and the shepherd also went to a rescue (possibly ADOPT), must verify, though. WOOHOO!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue