Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Australian (Spotted) Mist

4 50.00%
  • Egyptian Mau

4 50.00%

Thread: What should i get?

What should i get?

after lots and lots of research on cat breeds i have narrowed down 2 breeds of cats that are best fit to my lifestyle. the egyptian mau and the australian (spotted) mist. please vote which you like better.

also i would also like, maybe, a list of HYPOALLERGIC cats.

thanks.

Egyptian Mau are soooooooooo cute

Hypoallergenic cats ? There's no hypoallergenic cats You're not allergic to their hair but to their saliva, which they deposit on their fur when they make their toilet... The saliva stick to their fur and to their skin....

Future owner of a Ragdoll (I can't wait 'til August 21th!)

Originally posted by kath00
    Egyptian Mau are soooooooooo cute

Hypoallergenic cats ? There's no hypoallergenic cats You're not allergic to their hair but to their saliva, which they deposit on their fur when they make their toilet... The saliva stick to their fur and to their skin....
    . . . and then evaporates into the air. This is otherwise know as dander, which causes the allergic reaction in some people. Never heard of the Mist breed. Egyptian Mau cats are quite active. I'm a Ragdoll admirer, myself.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

oh ok, i'm not allergic but my mom is. and when i get my cats i thought if i got hypoallergic ones she could come over and see them. (another reason why i picked shorthaired cats too)

i'm leaning more towards egyptian maus. i read that they are easy to leash-train and can recognize the names of their toys. so that probably means that they are easy to train overall.

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi cocker_luva

I have seen the spotted mists and they are beautiful cats and also a relatively new breed as you know!

As for the allergies I have a Russian Blue which I have no problem with and can actually snuggle my face into her fur without any reactions but I can't do that without feeling itchy or getting the sneezes with my 2 domestics. Russian Blues are known to be good for people that suffer from Asthma also as they hardly shed any hair. As for personality I couldn't imagine a more beautiful cat as she is affectionate and the fur of a Russian is silky and glorious to the touch!

It is a hard decision picking a breed and you have done well to narrow it down. It took me over 2 years to finally decide which breed to go with.

Hope this has been a small help. I look forward to hearing which one you end up with.

Good luck

Leslie
    Fur Hugs And Fishy Kisses
    Leslie

i was actually considering the russian blue. also the nebelung, which i read that are like longhaired russian blues.