Thread: baby bird care

baby bird care

I just found a baby bird that was pushed out of its nest. It's hairless with its eyes still unopened, probably not even a week old. He's got a great appetite and bowel movement. I'm feeding him every 45 minutes, some dog food and corn flakes soaked in water, but what else should I do? (The vets won't take him in cuz it's just a sparrow.)

Here are some links to questions like these. Also, from what I've read, a baby bird needs to be fed every ten-fifteen minutes.

baby robin found
    baby bird dropped

Good luck!

PS there are two people that I know of here who have raised wild birds. Allanimalswelcome and Kingrattus. You should pm them and ask a few questions. There are also some here who know alot about birds in general. Try PMing popcornbird or Jessica12345.
    I've been BOO'd!

Here's a good article, from the local humane society near my house........Click Here
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Thanks guys! This sparrow is unbelievable! It's eyes opened and its wing feathers are coming out so fast! And its chirp is getting louder and louder every day. It had a cut in its back from falling from the barn ceiling, but it healed nicely. I'll try to post pics later.

!!!!

Wow! I just found 2 baby sparrows also! He, or i think its a he, has his full fethers in now! but his brother, just died...

baby sparrow

it sounds like you are doing a great job. I personnaly went to the pet swtore and bought some baby bird food and a seringe. and kept feeding my baby sparrow every 30 minutes . I also got some small meal worms and mix it with applesause and feed the bird with a tweezer. it seems to work if you have any other questions plese email me at [email protected]
    i am by no means an expert this has just worked for me !;0)

I recently built a birdhouse and hung it in my backyard. Sparrows moved in, and had babies. However, I didnt make the hole small enough and a bluejay got in it and ate 3 of the 4 babies, then killed the mother. I realized I had no choice but to take in the remaining baby. This happened yesterdy, and as of today, the birds eyes are open and it has lots of feahers. I feed it dry baby food mixed with water every hour, and it always swallows its food. The problem is, it wont let me feed it, and I have to pry open its beak to feed it with an eyedropper. Is there any way to get it to let me feed it? Will it learn to trust me over time? If anybody knows something about it, please help.

baby bird

i also found a baby bird in my back yard about 20 minutes ago, i dont know how to take care of it can you give me some advice please? how is your bird doing ? the bird i found is probley about a week old i guess his eyes are closed i fed him half a worm awhile ago and hes sleeping now how often do i feed him and how much? please email me at [email protected] thankyou, katie.