Thread: Solstice, my new kitty

Solstice, my new kitty

While at the shelter today, Lori had amalgamaged 2 litters of kittens. I saw one little kitten with eye liner and a little black nose. Her coat is white with gray tabby patches. There is another one that looks to be her twin,( I am seriously thinking of getting her tomorrow.) After bringing her home today, she has been little clown, hissing and running around the house, she is not afraid of any of my other furkids. She began to play with a ball with a bell in it as well as the "dangly-bird". Like Midnight, who is about the same age as Solstice, she plays with lots of noise, growls, and hisses. which make her sound much older than she is. I'd say she is about 8 -10 weeks old. I suppose in a few days she will be playing with Jumper and Callie. Right now she makes a loud growl when confronted with the other kittens. Solstice is a very affectionate and loyal kitty -at least, so far. Right now, as I am writing this, Solstice is sleeping next to me and the keyboard. Even Puma, seeing that she is a kitten, began to take a motherly interest in her, but Solsitce would have nothing to do with Puma, not yet! I am looking at her paws, they are unusual, in that her paws and underside is all white, but her pads are slate gray. I have never seen this coloration in a cat before. There is a picture of Solstice on our local animal shelter's site, called; Animals With Our Love. (A W O L), in pix #13.

I had no intention of adopting another kitten today, but after watching her in the cage with the others, I asked Lori, I would like to take her home with me, but I have enough furkids as it is. "What do you think", I asked. She said that since you have adopted and taken in so many cats and kittens, what if I give her to you!
    Believe me, this was the last thing on my mind. But how could I(or any one else) resist, plus the price being right? So, I brought her home with me. And since I lost Cookie today (RB), I might just as well get Solstice's twin tomorrow.
    Last edited by L. Wayne; 06-27-2003 at 03:37 AM.

Congratulations on your new kitten ( plus the one you'll go back for tomorrow)

Where are the photos ???

Another one!

Congrats on the newest addition, Wayne! I think you might possibly have the most cats out of anyone in Pet Talk!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

How wonderful. Please post some pictures.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Is it the white one in pic. #13? She looks like a beautiful big girl. Congrats Wayne!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Congratulations Wayne! Another little kitten to add to the herd, and possibly her sister today? Yipee!!!

PS - someday I'm going to have to make a trip to Kansas and help you out in the posting pics department. We have got to see pics of all your babies.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

T & PM. you are certainly welcome. PM me when you are ready to come by.

Early this morning I went to the shelter and adopted Soltice's twin sister. I say "twin" because both are nearly marked identical. There is a difference though, but I had to study each kitten in order to figure it out. Aside from obvious personality differences, Soltice's sister (Summer) has a little smaller white band around her neck. Soltice is a little larger than Summer and Summer is much more mild and feminine than Solstice. When I let her out of the cage, these two immediately began to chase each other around the house, as if to be very happy in each other's company again. Next Tuesday,(6/24) I have set up an appointment for Summer, Solstice, and Midnight for spay and neutering. It feels natural to have these two in my menagerie.

Randi, No, the white cat with black spots is mama, who was adopted just before I got there on Thursday morning. If you look to the left of mama, you will see two kittens, those are the ones.

.............wayne

Summer and Solstice--perfect names! Congrats on adding the little sweeties to your family!

What cute names....for cute kitties! Congrats all around to you and the kittens!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Susie

God gave me two hands to pet my Cat
    God gave me two arms to hold my Cat
    God gave me two eyes to watch my Cat
    God gave me two ears to hear my Cat
    God gave me a heart to love my Cat
    But most of all
    God gave me my Cat

aww wayne you are such a big softie, and thank goodness for that, so these precious furbabies have got a wonderful furever home to go to now, how be-fitting to be able to obtain these two lil darlings, cant wait to see pics of them both, love their names.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

They look beautiful little babies!! They were so lucky to find you.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The kittens are just BEAUTIFUL!!
    I can't wait to see more pictures of them!
    Brother and sister too, that is just wonderful!

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!