Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is my baby? :)

What is my baby? :)

Hey guys/gals. Along with the Siamese/Manx I have posted about recently, I am also the proud father of this beautiful pup. In the pic she is about 10 months old. I was told when I adopted her at 3 months that she was prolly Australian Sheperd/Lab mix. I'm not so sure now. Any suggestions? She doens't seem to have shepherd, but she does sniff around alot like a hound! Haha. I'm not too concerned bout her breed, just curious. She is full of love & intelligence. Though she is now around 53 lbs, she still likes to sleep in daddy's lap on the couch..haha. Thanks for any imput!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another pic:
    Sorry bout the size...I was too lazy to shrink them!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What other kinds of traits does she show? Is she territorial? Aggressive towards strangers or other dogs? Does she have a high prey drive? Is she friendly towards everything? Hyper?

She's definatly beautiful, that's for sure!!!!!

She looks alot like my friend's dog, who is a german shepherd / blue heeler / border collie cross But I wouldn't count on there being too many of those lol
    I've been BOO'd!

Theres definatley some border collie in there! Maybe some aussie in there too...

Welcome to pet talk!

She is very protective of her mom & dad. She recognizes our cars & knows our schedules. No traits that stand out, really. She's actually pretty lazy, lays around alot...she gets it from me! She is easily jealous, loves to sleep in the bed, HATES car rides (odd) and water (haha) and follows me around like a lost dog (for lack of better words!) when she's done something wrong. She has a slight crook on her snout, a lanky but strong build, tall & fast and her ears do not stand up on their own. The most beautiful thing is her pink tummy with black spots..it's so adorable!

Oh..as far as disposition toward people: she is friendly towards those that were around as she grew up. Newcomcers are always greeted with warning barks until we give her the ok. She's actually shy & sweet, but when new people are around, she will become aggressive at times.

She sounds like a great dog!

I see some german shepherd in her face...but it might just be me lol....
    I've been BOO'd!

Honestly, I think Aussie/lab is a pretty good guess. I really see Aussie in her face/markings/ears. I shaved an Aussie at work yesterday and he looked a lot like that when shaved. She sure is CUTE!!!

Thanks 4 the imput! I could see the aussie in her as a pup, but it seems she's too lanky now..I dunno! Also the "semi-floppy" ears suggest other breeds. Hmmm. She is a sweet girl; seems as though her only reason in life is to take care of me & her mom & eat!

I'm not sure on the mix, but I do see aussie! She sure is a beautiful dog

Margo

Aussie/Greyhound or whippet? That'd account for the floppy ears, the close coat, and the lanky-ness ...

Possibly even some fox terrier? That could account for the fact that she's very protective and vocal. And for the pink tummy with spots. Don't you just love those? Millie's is the same way.

I do love the tummy...& she loves to have it rubbed. Whippet/Greyhound....I've had others mention that as well, but then she seems too large to me to have Whippet. Greyhound seems possible. Mutt is definitely coming up often..haha. Thanks for the compliments..she loves the attention.

Ash

I have looked at both the photo's of your beautiful dog......and don't know about the many different breeds in America when it comes to crosses, .......BUT one just has to look at those intelligent eyes to see that she is just that, intelligent. You dog is a very beautiful looking animal. Regards Mich.
    Mich

Love those eyebrows. Whenever my vet couldn't quite figure out the mix he would call the doggy an Irish or German or any other country Kinardly. One can hardly tell what the mixture is, hence Kin ardly. Gorgeous beastie !!
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

LOL..kin ardly. Very cute. Well, she is intelligent....others have told us that she has "human eyes." Honestly, she can read you with them...& you can read her. Though sometimes she uses them to her advantage...which normally means fooling us.