Thread: New cage

New cage

I got a nice cage, originally $400. It's the rats' outside cage now It's fairly large, it's all wire with a tray underneath, only I lay cloth and put boxes on most of the wire.

I scrubbed the whole thing, it took me forever lol. It used to house a rabbit, so I wanted to make sure that it was good and clean

I'll get some pics of them in their new outdoor cage tomorrow!
    I've been BOO'd!

Cool! Sounds nice!

I am in love a 24Dx36Hx48L cage at the local pet store. Mom said if I get a good report card, which I haven't gotten yet, she'd think about getting it for me. I think it is $219.99...not too shabby.

It has muti-levels, and the whole shabang...I really hope I am able to get it, my ratties would love it!!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Wow, that sounds good!

Cages are so expensive these days, I mean it's just a bunch of wire pretty much....

I'm getting some pics of my new cage today
    I've been BOO'd!

YLL, you should check out the "Super Pet Deluxe Multi-Floor Ferret Cage". It's what I have for my ratties. It stands 58"H x 32"L X 20"W. It's also only $150 after shipping. I have it for my rats, and it's FANTASTIC!

http://www.petsmart.com/small%5Fanim...t%5F8587.shtml

Thank you Wolf_Q!

That is exactly what I have right now, and I absoultely hate it, and I am ready to melt the plastic and burry it in the backyard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to go to the chiropractor from doing back straining bends and twists trying to take out and put back in those shelves. My back is killing me. It takes me about 3 hours, no lie, to take a part, srub down, and put back together that cage.

I know cage cleaning is part of owning a pet, but when you have to go to the chiropractor from cleaning it and spendning three hours doing it...that's just plain wrong.

Ours was $169 and our shipping was $0. We got it from www.theferretstore.com

Plus for all my senior ratties, that is way too much climbing from them. Peanut was on the very top shelf, and she almost fell, if I wasn't there to stop her, she would have fallen all the way down to the bottom of the cage.

Here's mine, taken a long time ago, it's now cluttered with way more toys:

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Well, atleast I can relate to the back problems I have to go to the chiroprachtor, too, plus the massage therapist and sometimes a physiotherapist. It really sucks, do what you can to stay away from those back problems! Unfortunatly mine are there for life
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    plus the massage therapist

Unfortunatly mine are there for life

*drools* maaasssagggeee therapist *sighs* God, does that sound good right now!!!!

Same here....there for life.

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

lol. It feels good, but unfortunatly it's also quite uncomfortable... I have to lie there with no shirt on, and I'm probably tense the whole time cuz I've got my arms at my sides, trying to hide myself lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

YLL,

I'm sure you have already tried this! But could you hose that cage in the shower (with the water as hot as you can get it) but leaving the levels in, if you use a powerful spray it should jet off any muck. Of course it would need taking apart every so often to clean properly but perhaps this would help a little?
    Happy to help

Yep, did that too. I take it outside sometimes and hose it down. Then I either have to wait 8 hours for it to air dry, or do back breaking manuvers to dry the wiring and flooring.

It's awfully odd when I hate a Super Pet product, but I HATE this cage! Hate it will a passion! Otherwise, I LOVE Super Pet!! I could buy the whole company.

When I first got the cage I loved it. I only had 4 rats living in it at the time, so it was extremely easy to clean. Now I have 8 rats (Violette is in quarenteen) living in it, and it is way past extremely hard to clean. If it weren't for my back, it wouldn't be a problem!

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

Oh man am I happy! I don't have to clean the rattie cage for 6 weeks, since I'll be gone. YIPPE! Now my back can rest from doing odd manuvers!

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

lol, that must be a relief.

Oops, forgot to post pics of the new cage. Guess I'll have to get on that soon...
    I've been BOO'd!