Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help cat breeding every 2 months

Help cat breeding every 2 months

Hi everyone I`m new to this page. I really need help. I`ve had my 5 year old tabby cat Gabrielle for 3 years and she has had kittens twice a year untill September. She had 4 kittens which was normal for her. Then 2 months later she had four more. Then when those kittens were 2 months old she got pg agian, This has continued untill now I just gave away her last four kittens last month now she has 8 kittenss who are almost a half a month old and she is acting like she is in heat agian. She is driving me crazy. I want to get her fixed but my mom wont let me she doesn`t think its right to get a animal fixed. Is there anything else I can do to stop her?
    ~Kristal~

Keeping her inside at all times, is the ONLY alternative to spaying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does your mum, not want your cat spayed ?

If it is the cost, I'm sure we can find details of a local clinic that will spay her cheap/free.

Please try to have a word with your mum and see if she'll let you deal with this issue.

Congratulations on being a mature person, who wants the best for her pet.

Keep us updated on your mum's thinking.

PS. Welcome to Pet Talk. . We'd love to see a picture of your cat ?

Try contacting some rescue agencies and have them educate your mom on the reasons it's best to have your cat spayed. Would she allow you to have her spay on your own? If so, there may be several rescue agencies that would help you if you tell them your story.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Your mom may not think its right to have an animal spayed, but it is NOT right for a cat to have kittens every 2 months either. That poor cat, and poor kittens. You are contributing to the problem of overpopulation and homeless pets.

PLEASE talk to your mom....your cat will be *much* happier and healthier if you get her spayed. If you can't get her spayed, then you must keep her inside at ALL times. If you love your cat, please listen to this.

Krystal, welcome to the Pet Talk forum, we are glad you are here.

Aside from keeping your kitty inside all the time, there isn't much you can do to stop her from having litters of kittens. If you decide to keep her inside, you will have to listen to her "yowling" and carrying on becase of her being in heat.

Practically all of us here on Pet Talk have had their pet cats spayed or neutered. They are much happier and do not fuss and fight, especially when mating season comes around. That doing such helps to keep their passions under control, and makes for a more peaceful pet. It does not alter their personalities, just their aggressiveness. It is common practice, and in some states it is the law, that all pets, when adopted from a shelter, are spayed and neutered to eliminate the pet-overpopulation problem. Besides, by keeping pet overpopulation down, we also help stop the suffering and mal-treatment of unwanted and feral cats and stray dogs. If it is a matter of cost, that perhaps you cannot afford to get your kitty spayed, there are some low-cost clinics around. But please get your kitty spayed, before she has another litter of kittens, of which there is only a limited amount of homes available for them. I do not know how far you live from an animal shelter, but this time of year there are plenty of kittens to go around, and there are not enough homes for all of them. Unless they are taken in by a "no kill shelter", many of them are simply euthanized (put to sleep) and eliminated that way, if no homes are found for them within a reasonable time limit.

.................wayne
    Last edited by L. Wayne; 06-18-2003 at 03:52 AM.

Welcome to PetTalk Kristal.

I wonder why your Mum is so against having your cat spayed?
    Who does the cat belong to you or your Mum? I feel there are issues here.
    Having continuous pregnancies is doing Gabrielle no good whatsoever. If she's not spayed and you don't want any more kittens the price is - she has to be an indoor only cat. From the sound of it she's an indoor/outdoor cat and being kept inside is going to tick her off!
    Maybe you could get your Mum to visit Pet Talk and see all these healthy, playful cats - she may change her mind. Good Luck.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Sigh!

Oh dear!

This encapsulates the over-population problem perfectly. Parents, abiding by an ill-concieved, half-baked philosophy that spaying a pet is "wrong" are further perpetuating ignorance by teaching their children the very same thing!

Thank you Kristal, for recognising that your cat is suffering because of the fact that she is constantly pregnant. Bearing in mind that the period of gestation for cats is about 8 weeks this is a serious problem.

Now is the time to educate your Mum ... as a rough estimate, Gabrielle's litters will perpetuate into around 100 cats within a years time! At least!

If it were me, and I was a rather moral and sanctimonious teen I'd have gone behind her back and have it done with my pocket money!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Sorry to say that your Mum is dead wrong on this one. Not only does your cat contribute to the overpopulation problem, but she is also at risk at developing breast and uterine cancer because she is unspayed.

If you can tell us why your mother is so against spaying, we may be able to provide more specific answers to her concerns/myths.

It's nice that you care--wish she did too.

Thanks everyone for helping me I`ve let my mom read the replys and she said that I can get her spayed as soon as the kittens are given away. And untill then I have to keep her inside. And I talked her into letting me keep one of the kittens I `m sure Gabrielle will be alot happyer. And yes lynnestankard the cats are mine. I tryed to tell her in the first place. Now I think she understands, this will be alot better for us and Gabrielle. I`m pretty sure as soon as my 3 month old kitten demon, and Gabrielles kitten Angel (he is a male) is 6 months I`ll get them netered(Did i spell that right?)
    And as soon as I get some good pics I`ll send you guys some. Thanks agian for helping me!
    ~Kristal~

Originally posted by Kristal
    Thanks everyone for helping me I`ve let my mom read the replys and she said that I can get her spayed as soon as the kittens are given away. And untill then I have to keep her inside. And I talked her into letting me keep one of the kittens I `m sure Gabrielle will be alot happyer. And yes lynnestankard the cats are mine. I tryed to tell her in the first place. Now I think she understands, this will be alot better for us and Gabrielle. I`m pretty sure as soon as my 3 month old kitten demon, and Gabrielles kitten Angel (he is a male) is 6 months I`ll get them netered(Did i spell that right?)
    And as soon as I get some good pics I`ll send you guys some. Thanks agian for helping me!
    ~Kristal~
    That is WONDERFUL news!! Tell your mom she made an excellent decision. Here's a number that will give you low cost spay/neuter clinics nearest your area. That will help your mom out!

Spay USA 1-800-248-7729

Let us all know how this works out and post pictures of momma and babies (when they arrive)! Good job for caring so much.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Thanks everyone for helping me I`ve let my mom read the replys and she said that I can get her spayed as soon as the kittens are given away. And untill then I have to keep her inside.
    I am SO pleased your mum will help you spay Gabrielle.

And Demon & Angel are to be neutered too. GREAT.

Thankyou to your mum for doing the right thing. Now your cats will live longer and healthy lives.

PS. We don't NEED good photos, we just need ANY photos ??

Thank you very much for the number that makes one step alot easyer. The kittens are a month old this Monday comeing up. I`ll sent you`ll pics when i get a Camra (the one I have got in a fight with my dads puppy and lost). Here a pic of Gabby when she was 3 years old.
    ~Kristal~

Thank you very much for the number that makes one step alot easyer. The kittens are a month old this Monday comeing up. I`ll sent you`ll pics when i get a Camra (the one I have got in a fight with my dads puppy and lost). Here a pic of Gabby when she was 3 years old.
    ~Kristal~
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gabby's a lovely tabby! Very good news that you'll be getting her spayed.

She is beautiful tabby with gorgeous eyes.

You are very lucky to have her.

You can see my cats in my signature. It sounds like your Gabby is an inside/outside cat like my herd.

Once you have rehomed the LAST litter, you'll have three cats ?

Gabby, Demon & Angel.