View Poll Results: Do you like pooodles with their hair cut off?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

9 34.62%
  • No!

6 23.08%
  • Depends!

10 38.46%
  • Sometimes!

1 3.85%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *poll*do Poodles Look Better With Their Hair Cut Or Not??

5 yes
    4 now
    4 depends
    0 sometimes

I really didn't know their orgin so I just looked it up and LOL I still really have no idea. But this is what I got.

"Poodles are one of the oldest known breed to man. It's true origins goes back so back it is really impossible to pinpoint a certain time or place. Early as 30 A.D. Poodle-like dogs appeared on carvings in Roman tombs and on Greek and Roman Coins. We know that the first printed reference to the poodle was Conrad Gesner in 1953. The fifteenth century refers to Poodles in both writing and art, from France, Holland and Italy. The art of that time portrayed the Poodle in trims similar to todays traditional show trims. The three countries that contributed most to promoting the breed were Russia, France and Germany. The Russian Poodle was described as being somewhat Greyhound-like in body type. The German Poodle had a more thickset and had a wooly coat texture. It was here that the two different coat types -- curly and corded -- were noted. Where the Poodle got his name; Pudel (Canis Familiaris Aquatius), or "water dog" in Germany; the Caniche (chien canard). or "duck dog" in France; in England, the Poodle, "splash in water"; when they became popular in Holland and Belgium they were know as "Poedels" all these names have been given to the breed we know as the Poodle. All of the Poodle's ancestors were good swimmers. The first documented reference dated 1642"
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Uabassoon

My goodness...........that is so interesting. Thank you so much for that. Regards Mich.
    Mich

Re: Pam

Originally posted by Mich
    Well, she is beautiful........but then I am biased - - - I must have been a Poodle in a passed life, as I love them so. Who can resist a face llike that in a pound?.......well I can't.
    Mich ~ Actually Bella came from a breeder. Ripley is my little "pound pupster!" LOL! He had been picked up by Animal Control as a stray and when I first laid eyes on him he was a massive ball of tangled long black fur and mats. His feet were about 2 1/2 times their size and I had to lift a 2" flap of hair hanging over his eyes to even see his eyes. The shelter shaved him to the skin to make him more comfortable. When I brought him home he looked like a drowned rat! (No offense to owners of ratties out there! LOL!)

I keep my Poodle boy in a teddy bear cut. He used to have long ear hair, but we're keeping it short now due to yeast infections

Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Hehe Reece is so cute.... We need some new pictures of him!! Simba says he's dying for some of that sexy Lolly pictures!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Hehe Reece is so cute.... We need some new pictures of him!! Simba says he's dying for some of that sexy Lolly pictures!
    Haaaaaaaaaahaaahaha! Ok, I'll get to working on that
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I don't enjoy the look of the regular "show" cut. I know why it is cut like that, but I think it looks kinda funny

I like it when it's cut a bit shorter than an irish water spaniel

Bella's is very nice
    I've been BOO'd!

I like when poodles have a puppy cut.

----<---<--<{(@

Unless you brush a poodle constantly, you really can't leave them "natural." Poodles fur grows very long, tangles easily.

I think its best for the dog to groom them short. I also like Bella's cut as well as Reece's teddy bear face. I think poodles look weird without a bit of puff on the haid and tail.

I think that most poodles look better when their hair has been cut.

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

I like a poodle in a sporting cut. Hair just a little longer on the head and tail. I love to watch them strut in heel position in the obed. ring But they can be clowns too!

Margo

I have to say puppy cut to.Thanks for alll the pics and replys!
    ~!~Ashley~!~ ~^_^~A true kitty lover~!~

Great pics on this thread!!

I keep my black toy poodle in a short teddy bear cut, with a pom pom on the tail and long ears - shaved on the underside due to infections too (fyi i got this powder from England online called Thornit. I put some in every time I bath her once or twice every other month - and I haven't had one infection since!!! And she had two infections - or one really bad one - in three months before! NO infecitons for over 7 months now. I highly recommend it.) and a little bit of a puff on top.

Their hair tangles almost instantly if you don't brush it. I also like to keep her a bit shorter in the summer since she's black and the sun makes her hot.

I don't care for the show cuts although they are entertaining, but it's pretty rare to see dogs out and about with big ole helmut head hair.

DON'T POODLES ROCK???!!!!??!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

jax

Wow, what a lovely photo of your poodle.......and the cushion beside ( is that tapestry) . The eyes is what melts you
    Mich