Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what were you doing in the 1980's?

In 1980, at the age of four, I moved from Bowling Green, Ohio to Findlay Ohio, with my mom, dad and brother. We moved in across the street from my cousins.

In 1981 I started Kindergarten and in 1982, my younger sister was born.

1984- my cousins moved to Arizona.

In 1986 I started playing softball...I still play today!

1987- my Best friend moved in...we are still friends to this day, even though she lives in St. Louis with her husband and step-children.

Originally posted by CatsinDenver
    Well, I started out the 80s as a radio news reporter/anchor and ended them as a lawyer.

Apparently, I was a decade behind you.....my 90's ended with lawyer-dom

In the 80's...I started out in Junior high...and graduated in '84. I then hit college...and got out in '88. I made it to Seattle, and was there until '91......

hmm....

i worked in a party store 1980-1982. there was a recession in the US and a lot of people were out of work in manufacturing, and i lost my job b/c sales were down. i collected unemployment for a year, if i hadn't been in a relationship, i'd have likely been living in the streets and for 2 awful weeks, i had food stamps ( i was very ashamed by that and wouldn't use them in them in my own neighborhood). in 83 a temp job as a clerk at the post office came through, and after the year was up, i started college for xray. 84-87, i was a full time student getting degrees and scholarships and working weeks at a time in the hospitals, but i graduated with a degree in radiography (xray) and went on for an advanced one in radiation therapy( cancer treatment). in 1988, my long relationship ended , i moved to another state, found a job, dated, kissed a few toads, met a few nice people, one of whom convinced me to move to move to ohio. which i did in 1989 and i've lived here since.
    there were certianly tumultous times for me. sigh.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Oh this thread makes me feel old...

In the '80's I was raising my kids who were born in '74 and '77.

1989 got potty trained.
    hey theres big event!! really, thats a big deal to a little kid!
    "oh mommy, I went potty all by myself!"

I started my *work from home* career answering phones and doing secretarial work and bookkeeping for a realtor, a counseling agency, a rug cleaner, and a remodeling contractor. That last client eventually turned into a full time job, still working from my home office, but during the 80's I juggled a lot of balls in the air.

My *Dog of a Lifetime*, Bailey was born in 1981. She was conceived at my house even though I didn't own her mother or her father. Three years later, she gave birth to 7 puppies, one of which was my Tizzie. The other puppies found homes with friends and acquaintences and often came back for temporary vacation stays while their folks were gone.

In the 80's I can say that I finally figured out that living in the company of my dogs was what gave me the greatest joy in life.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Originally posted by marysmerrycats
    cats in Denver
    thats a real accomplishment!
    LOL--some would say I went straight downhill!

1980- graduated high school
    1981-met Charlie
    1983-married Charlie and got 1st cat together
    1985-started pet grooming and got 3 more cats
    the rest of the 80's was boring

I was born in 1987 The only thing I remember from the 80's is my second b-day in 1989

The 80`s were quite eventful for me begining in May 81 when my husband died.
    February 82, after being forced to sell my home we, my son and I, moved into a local authourity rented house, where I still live. (Funnily enough today I saw that our old house is up for sale, wish I could buy it.)
    September 82, I got a job as a cashier/counter clerk in a what we call a betting shop.
    May 86, my son and Jayne got married.
    February 87, my first grandaughter, Lianne, was born.
    February 2nd 88, my beloved Dobie Max was put to sleep.
    March 88, got my Gsd Penny, she was around 6 months of age.
    Autumn 89, left my job in the betting shop and took a course learning to type and use a computer (but no Windows in those days so it was no use to me when some ten years I eventually got one of my own!)

LOL. Lets see.
    High school 79-83
    college 83-87
    grad school 88-90

so basically, I spent the 80s in school!

Lived in santa fe, albuquerque, dc, and boston.

Had my first pets that were all my own (cats), had my heart broken for the first time. Lived alone for the first time. Bought my first new car in the 80s. .... It was a busy decade!
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Basically the 80's was elementary & middle school. I don't really remember a whole lot from that time. In '82 my family drove across country in a station wagon

'86 - Being conceived, swimming in mommy's belly, As the moved from wonderful Michigan to horrible Florida.
    '87 - Being born.
    '88 - Made some poos in my Huggies?
    '89 - Who knows.......

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

what did i do in the 1980's?? i was born in 1987 so i guess i spoke gibberish and rolled around a bit, maybe ate some baby food went to the bathroom, stuff like that

ok kids I didnt want to exclude you but be serious ok? I meant what were the old people doing in the 80s? can we not be crude?