Thread: Lanka

Lanka

What an unusual pet and how delightful that he is a cuddler!!!!
    Congratulations on being named POTD.
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

Good Morning Lanka, my what a handsome boy you are. I have never known anyone to have an emu before, but you sound very sweet. Congratulations dear, sweet, gentle Lanka Our Very Best Pet of the Day.
    Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

Blog Entries

Lanka, POTD

Mew, mewl, Hi Lanka,

You certainly are one of a kind, and so tiny. My KatMa told me she never knew anyone with a pet Emu. Your human is very lucky!

KatMa did a www.google.com search to read all about Emus. We're so happy you are the POTD (congratulations!) because you deserve it and because we learned something new about our feathered friends!

Have a wonderful day today; may extra treats be given to you! Live long & healthy, happy, loved & cherished by your human...all pets deserve this.

KatMa sends 100,000 kisses & hugs and I, Sasha the =^.^= send you sweet mewls, very gentle headbumps, kittykisses and nose twinkies !

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Lanka
    What a special pet you are! I've never had the pleasure of meeting an emu in person but would like to very much, especially after seeing your cute picture. Congratulations on being our special Pet of the Day today, sweetie.

Lanka

Hi Lanka, I must say I was pretty surprised to see a pet emu! Interesting also. All that counts really is the mutual love between the pet and his/her owner! Congratulations on POTD. I am always glad to see something other than the typical fluffy pet!

Hi Lanka! What a very unique and beautiful creature you are! I don't think we've ever had an Emu as our special honoree! Like Sasha, I can't wait to go read and learn more about you! (Thanks for the link, Sasha!!) Your human is very lucky to have such a gentle and devoted feathered friend! You even love cuddles! Congratulations to you beautiful Lanka, our most unique and deserving Pet of the Day!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

WOW! I've never seen an emu before. Lanka is very pretty, it must be fun having such a special feather friend. Congrats Lanka, Our Adorable Pet of the Day!!

Hi, Lanka!

My daughter, Lora, has 5 adult emus, and one baby. She lives in North Texas, close to Dallas!

The eggs were laid in December of last year, and the daddy emu nested on them! There were 4 eggs, and 3 hatched.

Here in Texas we have a coyote problem, and they lost 2 of the babies, but the other is well.

Daddy emu sat on those eggs thru 2 ice storms! it was incredable.

All of the emus are friendly, except for the baby, who is getting better.

They like to have head scratches and baths from the hose.

Emus are very entertaining! but they can be agressive, especially if he thinks you are going to hurt his baby!

Lanka is greatly honoured as an Australian native (flightless) bird because an Emu appears with a Kangaroo on the Coat of Arms for the Commonwealth of Australia. Here's the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images