Thread: Magic Cat........

Magic Cat........

We have a four way cat flap that can be locked in the following options.

: Locked in both directions (Cat can't go anywhere)
    : Locked Out Only (Cat goes out but not in)
    : Locked In Only (Cat goes in but not out)
    : Open both ways (Cats go where they like)

Now Milo has often been found on the wrong side of the door.

There has been arguments about who let him out, or you must have left a window open ?!?

In fact today, I have been looking to see if he could have got though an air vent.

This evening the cat flap was in in only and we catch Milo pulling the cat flap door towards him, using his claws on the seal, so he could leave.

We were speechless, what a clever kitty. But how do we keep him in now ???

Keep it totally locked? Do you have a panel that slides in to cover the flap? That's what our's have.

Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

No ours doesn't have a cover, just a little dial at the bottom, which catches the flap on one, the other, both or no sides.

Yes, We'll have to lock it totally.

Shame though, it was handy to put the flap on 'in only' and all cats entering the house would stay in. Now we'll have to call/ catch all cats and lock the flap down completely... cats.

(I still think he is one clever cat, even if it causes problems.)

That's a bummer! Smart little buggers aren't they!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I know it's a problem, but I can't help but laugh--Milo, you're too smart for your own good!

Maybe it's a tuxie thing. A friend of mine has a tuxie boy named Chuck who is a wizard at getting into cabinets.

No ours doesn't have a cover, just a little dial at the bottom, which catches the flap on one, the other, both or no sides.
    Mmm. Perhaps a certain kitty's paw has been nudging the little dial. OR perhaps Milo has mastered the art certain cats have of materializing out of thin air.
    Steffi and Lovable

You can never find Milo and then he'll just appears beside you.

Milo the magician !

Your cats never fail to make me laugh

Wow

Milo, you ARE clever! Well, your namesake who lives in Canberra, Australia took two weeks to figure the cat door out :P

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Whoa! I knew cats were smart, but that's amazing!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Pay It Forward, The problem you relate to us is precisely the reason I have not made a "programable" two-way pet door that goes to the outside of my home. They will watch you do what is necessary to make the door operate, and then THEY will try it also, especially when you are not looking. I have seen my cats attempt to open up doors by jumping up and trying to turn doorknobs. Fortunately, the doors are warped a bit, and this makes the latches more difficult to open. But, believe me, if you want to keep a secret from your cat, you simply cannot operate the pet door while any of them are watching. , because they remember! As being cat lovers, we cannot be angry at them but as usual, they captivate our attention with their intelligence.

I have been having a problem with keeping Tiara inside whenever I open the back door. She will purposely hide in a large box , that I have cut a hole in it for my furkids. Then she would come out after I opened up the inside door. I always put her out of the room. Then she learned that if she waits until I open up the outside door, and then jumps out, she will have a better chance at getting outside. Now, sometimes I have to get them in a room and then go out another door, in order to keep them "under control". Smart kitties, huh!
    Last edited by L. Wayne; 06-15-2003 at 04:45 PM.

I am not angry, just amazed at how clever Milo is.

My tuxie herd says, "we are not the least bit suprised Milo learned the escape hatch. He is a tuxie, after all".

Mine seem only to magically appear beneath my feet, so, I have no idea what they are referring to....

Originally posted by PayItForward
    You can never find Milo and then he'll just appears beside you.
    Sounds like Milo and Ketchum are related - I'm convinced Ketch can hide behind a blade of grass!!

Nice one Milo - more work for Meowmie

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx