Thread: Poppy

Poppy

Hello Sweet Poppy!
    I just love the name Poppy, it's so adorable!
    Congratulations on being DOTD. I can imagine you've grown quite a bit since your parents submitted your profile!

You sound like such a sweet baby! I bet you look really smart with that backpack on! Have fun camping/hiking and enjoy your day!
    Best Regards, J.B. and Olive the Dog!

Poppy, you are just one sweet loving girl, your sad eyes just melt my heart - but I'm sure you've since learned just how secure and loving your home really is! Your red fur is stunning, sweet eyes! YEAH POPPY!!!

Good Morning Poppy, my, what a beauty you are. I love that photo of you. It sounds like you are a wonderful companion and lots of fun to be around. Congratulations dear, sweet, Poppy, Our Very Best Dog of the Day.
    Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

poppy

What a Titian goddess with that beautiful red hair A doggy who enjoys baths?? call the Tabloids-that will be the headline!!
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

Hi Poppy! What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl! And what a touching tale of rescue your family shares with us! With such loving, caring and patient parents, I know it's just a matter of time before you're just bursting with confidence and trust! Just look at you already...what a repertoire of commands you've mastered!! WOW, holding your towel, waiting for your Mommy to wipe your paws!! That's amazing! And Poppy, my RB baby, Jingles learned to love wearing her backpack, just as you will, I'm sure! Just think of all the adventures you'll be enjoying! You're a very special doggie indeed!! Congratulations to you dear, sweet, playful, precious Poppy! Your beauty, intelligence and devotion all combine to make you a MOST deserving receipient of our Dog of the Day honors! Have a very wonderful time celebrating YOUR day, sweetheart!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hi Poppy! Congrats on finding an awesome family! You sound like a very smart and fun doggy. Enjoy your new life and live long and healthy!
    You know where all those pet shop pups come from right? Puppy Mills!

Poppy, you are truely a beautiful flower! And you sound like you are very smart. My dog is part chow too. He throws things around like you do. It's very amusing to watch. And I think it's so cute that you wait outside with the hand towel in your mouth. Congrats on being our DOTD

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Dearest Poppy,

You are one gorgeous pupster. You sound as cute & smart
    as you look. I love the towel trick. Happy congratulations on
    being given a day of honor as our DOG OF THE DAY. I wish for
    you & your loving family, a long happy & healthy life.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hey, Poppy! I love the towel trick too! Aren't YOU the fast learner!! You're one gorgeous girl! Why settle for the tennis ball or squeaky toy, when you can have your own special Pet Rock! I love it! Congrats sweet Poppy, for being chosen our illustrious DOTD!

I've been Boooo'd!

Poppy (and her cousin!)

Poppy--
    You are beautiful!!!

I have a question for Poppy's parents: How big is she now????

I am curious because we recently adopted a chow shepherd mix from the shelter. She was 8 weeks then, about 11 weeks now. I don't know where she was before the shelter, but I think it was a bad place. We have really worked to insert some joy and trust into our new pup. (She's coming along fine in that regard).

Her name is Hathor; Hathor was an egyptian queen Goddess...

We had no intention of getting a big dog... but here she is. She was 10 lbs at her first vet visit and two weeks later she is a lot bigger.

She looks just like a smaller version (right now) of Poppy. She also loves to eat bugs, especially ants. She seems only to have two modes: hyper-energetic fast and off (sleep). She is adorable and precious. She desperately wants to be friends with our 15 year old cat -- cat will have NONE of that.

She's definitely a keeper. We know in the end she'll get as big as she gets.... but we are terribly curious --'bout how big might that be???? We figure at her smallest, she'll be at least 50 lbs...

So if you're reading this Poppy's parents, can you give us a hint?

Thanks,

Saki and Freyja's Mom

Awwwwww!